• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council Penalty Charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council Penalty Charge

Hi guys, I though this place would be the best for advice (long time reader).

Its a bizarre one, based in Scotland.

My mother has received a letter from a Sheriff Officers ‘Alex M Adamson’ (Sheriff Officer/debut collection), advising that she has an outstanding parking fine outstanding.

Now, my mother got in to a bit of bother with her Council Tax last year and her bank account was arrested and this company dealt with it. Thankfully that is all sorted and she’s clear now.

However, back to the penalty, this same company attempted to withdraw funds from my mother’s account (potentially the same arrest - I don’t understand how it works). They have advised that there is an outstanding parking charge issued by the local authorities in my mother’s name.

The issued with this is that my mother doesn’t hold a license, never has and does not own a car - again, she never has. It’s clearly not her. She promptly called the Council who were able to confirm that it wasn’t her given the addresses don’t match (the car is registered elsewhere and they confirmed my mother’s address using her Council Tax). They advised to contact the Sheriff officers. They advised that all they needed was an email confirming her address and her previous address and they’d contact the DVLA. However, upon emailing them she was issued a response advising that they already confirm with the council that all of information was accurate (at the very beginning before my mother had contacted them). They’ve now advised she needs to go directly to DVLA?

My mum contacted the council again who advised that they are sure it's not her now and for this reason can not divulge any information to herb other than the registration plate of the car (for data protection).

We are at a loose end as to what to do now.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X