• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council tax bill for previous property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council tax bill for previous property

Hello
    A bit of a complicated story so please bare with me.

I moved into a flat in May 2010 with a friend of mine and we paid council tax for a few months and then the landlord told us we didnt have to pay it anymore, and after that we never received a council tax bill. I dont know what he did, I had just moved into the UK so I was completely clueless of how things work in the UK and my English wasnt great.
    After a couple of years i moved out from that flat and moved into another by myself and started paying council tax.
    A few days ago I received a council tax bill for my previous flat asking me to pay for a period of time that doesnt match my stay in that address. They are asking me to pay for a period that I wasn't living in the old flat. When I called the council about it to ask why I receive this bill now they said that the owner of the property has just provided them with this information.
    Im very confused as to why I never received a bill in my old flat and suddenly all these years later I receive a total bill for a very considerable amount of money...
    Could the landlord have benefited somehow by doing this? Its very strange that we never received any bills and now I got a back dated one after all these years...

Did anyone else have anything like this happen to them?

thanks in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X