• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

council tax dilemma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• council tax dilemma

Hi, Hoping somebody can help with this? I have several issues with my council tax and I am now at the point of court baillifs but do not know where to turn for advise. I will outline problems below.
    • inheritence dispute for property which was settled out of court via mediation. Are we liable for council tax from date agreement was made or from date deeds to property changed names? (3 months difference)
    • exemptions- a 12 month exemption was granted due to state of repair, can you then have the 6 month empty property exemption follow on?
    • property was in 3 flats however I contacted the council to say there should only be 2, middle floor had loft extension and loft should not be classed as seperate unit. Council disagreed so valuation officer came out. Property was re banded with loft removed from listing. Are we still liable for council tax for loft upto date of valuation officer amending listing?Seems unfair when disputed with council that they should bill for period upto date records were changed when they were in the wrong.
    • joint ownership, other person is not working, we get council tax benefit for one floor of property, can you get it for other floors?
    • other floor is being charged at 100% tax despite been vacant and uninhabitable. do any discounts apply? ie single person 25 %

I am prepared to pay the bills but not if I am not liable for the full amount
    any advice would be much appreciated

thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X