• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

share of freehold - how many signatures on the LPE1 (no management company)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• share of freehold - how many signatures on the LPE1 (no management company)?

I am one of 4 properties with equal share of freehold. No management company etc. We just share maintenance between us.
    When one of the 4 properties sold last August, one person from each property signed the LPE1. However, in one property there are two names on the deeds (husband and wife) so I presume they jointly own their 25% of the freehold. On the other properties, its all single names on the deeds, so a single person owns that 25%. In August only the husband signed the LPE1. Fast forward to today and I am selling. The husband and wife are currently separated. We have asked him to sign the LPE1 as he signed the LPE1 back in August for that sale. The wife is causing a fuss as she is an attention seeker. She claims she also needs to sign the LPE1 and is thinking of refusing, just because she thinks she can, and she is angry her husband has left.
    I pressume the new title deeds as a result of the August sale, show only the husband's name, but I am not sure.
    Does anyone know if both names on the deeds need to sign (as we have no management company)? And what happens in cases where one person is content to sign and the other refuses. Many thanks for any help on this.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X