• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Landownership from inheritance issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landownership from inheritance issue

5 years ago I inherited 4/18 share of a jointly owned piece of land in the uk that is around 22 acres . The land is held in a trust and has one trustee that oversee's all matters concerning the land. The trustee has been extremely difficult and is refusing to update the deeds to reflect the new ownership.

I, along with 2 other owners want to sell our share of the land which comprises of 50% of the land. We have hired solicitors and had to begin a court case just to get the trustee to begin negotiations about how we can sell our share or realise it's worth. We have a court order that states that the trustee must update the deeds once once land has been successfully divided within 14 days. We have agreed how the land will be divided up with the other owners and that is in the final stages but we are waiting for the trustee to sign and return a statutory declaration before it can be completed. So again we have to wait and wait.

What could have been a straight forward process has been turned into a long, stressful and expensive process, all because of 1 individual. What I would like to know is that is there anything I can do to threaten the trustee with to speed him up or to recoup some of the costs I have incurred.

I'm not 100% happy with the legal advice we've been getting which is why I am posting here. Any advice would gratefully received. Thanks.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X