• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Issue with Council controlled parking zone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Council controlled parking zone

Dear All

I applied to the Council to convert the front garden of a property I own into a driveway. I am not resident at the property.

All planning permissions were obtained over the course of 6 months and I have proceeded with building my driveway as required by the Council before they dropped the kerb.

Today I have received an e-mail from the Council stating that I cannot now have the dropped kerb as there is now to be a controlled parking zone (CPZ) implemented on the road in a month, and that there was a leaflet to tell me about this a month ago delivered to all residents, and that the only way to proceed is to go to consultation to change the Traffic Management Order for the CPZ which could take a year and will be at my cost (~£3000).

I have explained that I am not resident at the property so did not receive any leaflet, and that all of the permissions to proceed were sent by the Council to my home address and yet no-one informed me of the CPZ, even though various Council departments were aware I was constructing the drive as the Council stipulated in the planning consents.

Please can anyone tell me where I stand legally on this, and how I should proceed to resolve. All planning consents are current and my costs thus far are £3200+.

Many thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X