• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with housing association please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with housing association please

Hello there. This is quite long and my English is not good so sorry

I am a tenant with a housing association in Liverpool and my trouble started in 2022 when I was moved out of my home because it was legally too hot to live in after complaining for some years. The ventilation wasn't right. I have 2 problems with my heart and the heat in my home wasn't helping.

I was next moved to temporary accommodation and my health problems have got much better. It was decided I wouldn't have to go back to my home because of the health issues it caused. They now want to move me out and into another home next door to a factory where the air quality is really really bad.

I have records of the air quality and they are higher than the recommended levels almost every day for 2 years. That means I won't be able to open my window and will need to rely on vents in the ceiling. I think they are called mvhr or something.

The high pollution would affect my heart problems if I open the windows and people in the block have complained about the air pollution and not being able to open their windows, but the housing association is saying it is suitable for me.

I have a letter from my doctor saying I need somewhere with good ventilation but not about the place they want me to move to.

When all this happened with my old flat, I was told I could go with the council instead. Now the housing association has said is taking too long and they want me to go with them again. I am on the council list and don't want to go back with them and not to the place they want me to go for health reasons. I am at the top of the list with the council but am waiting for the right home to come along to suit my conditions. There are many homes that the council is releasing next month, but now the housing association is saying if I say no to the home that is next to pollution they will tell the council to make me a direct offer on anything and I could go to the bottom of the list.

my agreement with the housing association says that I "have the right to exchange with Liverpool council subject to written consent and the housing association can only withold its consent in line with schedule 3 of the housing act".

Does anyone know what my rights are with this if the housing association are saying I have to accept anything and so on?

they say the cannot afford to keep my housed in my temporary home even though its done by there insurance. I don't want to stay here any more because I want my own home finally.

I'm scared that because the home they want me to move to is not good for my conditions they will remove me out of my temporary home when I know the council will have homes next month that will be good for my condition and I am at the top of the list. I know there is no guarantee but I am priority with the council. I don't want them contacting the council incase it ruins my chance tog et the home.

Also can the housing association just end my assured tenancy for other reasons to do with the housing act? I am good tenant and pay on time and have no complaints against me.

sorry its long but I am scared. thankyou,

Kristiana

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X