• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What tenancy defaulted to without a contract and already been there part time before?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tenancy defaulted to without a contract and already been there part time before?

I couldn't edit the title before..

So I already have a lawyer looking at this, but it was for a related issue; he doesnt work on tennancy currently anymore, so am worried he may miss something. Also.. I cannot afford another lawyer for the tenancy side of the issue, so am hoping someone here can possibly see any missed angles.. if not, oh well.

My father has a severely disabled daughter with the mental capacity of a 3 month old baby. He, with the help of others set up a charity to look after other disabled children after social services kept failing them. My father was a trustee of the charity, he eventually bought a property and rented that property out to the charity. It was done under an AST, however under the tenant column , not jsut the charity is listed, but also one of the other main trustees, hopefully that is enough to make it valid, I know an AST is not valid for a charity/business normally. He received rent from the charity for over a decade here.

My sister was cared for by the charity and stayed there part time in the day and for 2 nights for quite a few years and lived with my parents and sometimes I for the rest of the time at the original family home. The plan later became for my sister to hopefully move there full time, but funding was always denied by social services. Up until my father's death I worked at the charity with various staff to look after her and other disabled children for many years.

After my father died in early 2020 , I was looking after my sister and 95 year old mother by myself , as sister was only part time at the charity I was largely looking after her by myself too. I had to quit my job there. I was self teaching in the evenings to finally do a levels so I could start a degree September 2020. My mother then died 6 months later. I was still heavily burdened by looking after my sister by myself until end of 2021, shes supposed to have 2 to 1 care.

My mother inherited everything from my father and the charity continued to pay her, after she died I inherited everything and the chairty continued to pay me. (yes the houses were inherited)

Unfortunately the other trustees of the charity stepped down towards the end of 2021, so social services had to find a permanent setup for her. Unfortunately they ultimately decided to keep her at the house stating that there was not much housing available... I was pretty much bullied into this after failing badly at my studies during covid while having care duties. I unfortunately had a huge amount of inheritance tax left to pay and told social services that if she is to move into the house full tiem then its under the condition that I get rent paid. The enw care was under supported living which means the landlord is entitled to rent. Unfortunately SS did evrything they did to worm their way out of paying any rent. It was difficult becasue a court of protection order had to be filed for SS to sign a tenancy contract upon their behalf.

Yet they have still delayed.... and almost 2 years later there's no rent. the house is about to be reposessed. I had no income as a student, and speaking of which have now lost 4 years of my life due to failing the degree, I couldnt even get any A levels due to covid, the uni let me in with a skype exam. so now my only qualifications are ancient very very bad GCSEs from when I was a delinquent. Im finding it impossible to get a job.

So whats the tenancy? I thought I had a verbal agreement with SS, however no figure was agreed. And even if somehow that tenancy is invalid, she had been at the property for so long even though it was part-time, that surely there must be some tenancy or license that is defaulted to, even if the original AST is not valid.... but is it valid?

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X