• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Upstairs leaseholder won't cooperate for insurance claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upstairs leaseholder won't cooperate for insurance claim

I'm the freeholder of a house converted into two flats I live in the ground floor flat (my only property)

No service charge except buildings insurance

upstairs flat is owned by a landlord who owns many properties

They wouldn't pay their half of the building insurance when asked, saying they already had it , could never have got the mortgage without buildings insurance in place. (but lease said they had to pay it to me (freeholder to arrange insurance)

Massive leak from their upstairs leasehold entire kitchen ceiling collapsed 3layers of plasterboard costs of 3k+

They use their insurance to fix the source of the leak then 5 month later cancel their insurance and pay me the half of the building insurance

The insurance company want evidence leak is stopped in form of invoice, upstairs won't give it to me I asked 2 month ago

I ask if they can claim on their insurance they are changing story now saying they never had any?

They won't co operate and give me what I need for insurance claim

They claim leak happened due to wear and tear from their tenant
    ​​​​​​
    but the lease says they should maintain and inspect their property and do nothing that would increase our premiums

I think I need a solicitor that can write a letter says they have to provide me the evidence the leak stopped?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X