• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Still named on Council Tenency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still named on Council Tenency

Hi, I will try to explain this situation the best I can. I separated from my ex wife back in 2002 and she moved into a council property. I was initially listed on the tenancy but never actually moved in as we split whilst in between houses. I completed a form to say I was no longer living there/moving in and that was that. We are obviously now divorced and have no contact with one another.*
    I have since found out through my son that my name is still listed on the tenancy. Apparently my ex wife has been trying to get it removed.
    I have emailed the council to ask for my name to be removed and they are asking me to complete another form which they have emailed me. But the form is stating that I actually live there and am giving 30 days notice. It is also asking me who is still living there, condition of rooms etc. I obvioulsy don't have any of this information.
    My concern is if there are any rent arrears on the property then me signing this form may make me liable. Obvioulsy I do not have any records of the initial form I filled out as that was nearly 20 years ago.
    This address has not come up on my credit file or stopped me buying a house, paying council tax at other properties etc. I have stated this to the council and made them aware I have already been through this process back in 2002, all they keep doing is emailing me the same response instructing me to fill in the attached form?*
    Any help on this would be great. Thanks in advance.*

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X