• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Builders 2yr Warranty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Builders 2yr Warranty

Hi all,

I purchased a property in 2013. The builder did not have a formal reporting process for issues/snags, so these were mainly communicated on the phone and by handing paper copies of lists to the site foreman. I have an oeigiori copy of a snag list which was provided, and text messages to the builder, confirming these were passed to the foreman.

The main issue was surrounding the seals on the window panes failing, and leaking inside the glazing. These were never rectified during the initial two year builders warranty.

My question is, if the builder was notified of an issue during the initial two years builder warranty, are they legally obliged to resolved after the warranty period ends? I am still withing my NHBC warranty period, however I know they will not pay out for this type of problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X