• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Leaseholder/ Management Co Strike Off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaseholder/ Management Co Strike Off

I own a flat (leasehold) in a converted block of 4 which has a management company -(name- MRPM -who were also part of an estate and lettings firm)

All owners are currently leaseholders according to Land reg. My paperwork from the sale / my solicitor then states MRPM was set up around the same time as I bought my flat in 2005 so as to own and manage the freehold for the building.

They (badly) managed it up until 2015, when they handed it on to another company who were even worse. Its since been passed on again to another agent. One of the directors of MRPM owned a flat in the building up until April '18. She, and the other remaining company director both resigned on the same day that (lady ) directors flat sale completed this year on April 3rd.

The Register at Land Reg does not state the freeholder as being MRPM it only states original freeholders from 1990's, not any changes since, or if the management company are still legal freeholders. I queried this with Land Reg and they effectively said they only change things when told.

I have now been informed by the agents that MRPM is about to be struck off companies house (deadline stated 19th Oct). I was told this after 19th October via letter. The agents who were assigned by MRPM earlier this year are now 'desperate' to find someone to take on the directorship, so that they can remain as agents, and so the company will not be struck off. Meanwhile they continue to drain any cash left on unnecessary works. They have waited 6 months to inform us of this issue. I have requested that they inform me who is the freeholder and the contact details for them, also that they are acting on behalf of the freeholder still.

Additionally, there was a change of the registered address of MPRM company ( according to companies house) to the existing appointed agents street address. This was registered at Co House almost a month after the directors both resigned. Please can you tell me what happens if the company is struck off. I do not want it to revert to Crown property through some mad technicality and then be unable to sell later. I'm reluctant to become a director as I know that it is a lot of responsibility for no recompense. Whilst I am conversant with managing the building works, I also realise how difficult it is to get cash out of owners/ leaseholders, and Im reticent about the legal stuff Id have to deal with. What options do I have to sort this out?

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X