• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Property caution and money owed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property caution and money owed

Hello, am after some advice for my Dad please....we received a letter from the Land Registry stating that they had received an application to remove a caution off a property.

It turns out that my step mother sold her house to my step sister and her husband in 1997 but my step mother raised a caution on the property for £3000 that they owed to her. My step mother died in 2005 and all her estate passed to my Dad.

We knew nothing about this caution until the paperwork was received 2 weeks ago. My step sister wants to remove the caution as they are selling their house. Alongside this my step sister and her husband owe my Dad £10,000...£5,000 of this was lent in Nov 2005 and was due to be paid back a year later and the other £5,000 was lent in Dec 2005 and the paperwork stated the money would be paid back when they sold their house. We think they are trying to sell up and make a run for it basically without paying their debt.

When my Dad has asked them in the past when they could repay their debt for years they have stated they cannot afford it. 3 years ago they basically told my Dad *expletive* off and hence Dad hasn’t spoken to them since.

We we are just trying to ascertain if it is worth lodging an objection to the caution with the Land Registry and trying to peruse the debt. My Dad is a pensioner now and every penny counts...

Thank you for taking the time to read this and if anyone has any similar experiences it really would be great to hear from you.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X