• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Third Party Debt Order - No response from third party and Final Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Party Debt Order - No response from third party and Final Order

Hello,

I submitted a Third Party Debt Order to try and recover a debt. Previous HCEO action had failed, as they could not be satisfied that the debtor resides at the address, even though since the first contact he has set up a different Limited company at the same address. (my claim is against the debtor solely, not a company)

I sent N349 to the court in December, and an interim order was made, with a hearing in January. I was the only attendee, and by this time the third party (A financial services institution which backs one of those online banks with a frivolous name) had not responded at all as they were meant to as per CPR 72.6. I feel like the the Judge gave 'benefit of the doubt', as I think the Judge could have considered them a simple third party and not a bank as per the rules, but after consideration they were deemed a bank, and nevertheless Judge sent a reminder to the third party to respond within 7 days of that reminder, or the order may be made final at another hearing in February if they do not respond.

My questions are;
    Suppose the Bank doesn't respond at all again, and the order made final (as I write this the 7 days have elapsed, so looking hopeful), how would they ever respond to the order to pay me what is due? Is it a case of me needing to enforce again, perhaps with HCEO but to the bank not the debtor, presumably this time with an increased chance of success as it is on a business at a business premises? Or could they simply accept it upon receiving a final order and just contact me to pay, or send a cheque?

In this scenario if they are ordered to pay, but then the account of the debtor doesn't exist, do the Bank have to pay out of their own pocket, as a case of "you should have responded in time, tough luck"?

Suppose they respond between now and the hearing and if the bank account does not exist anymore (as it was possibly spun off to another provider between me paying into it and now), are they obliged to state where the account is now if they knowingly moved the product to another institution? (this bank is Contis who used to back Suits Me, but now Suits Me is backed by PPS I believe).

Thank you.
    Last edited by TelecomsApp; 3rd February 2024, 13:22:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X