• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problem's with the garage I purchased my car from

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem's with the garage I purchased my car from

I have used Legal Beagles before and the advice I received was superb and helped my situation.
    I hope somebody can help with my current problem.
    Myself and my partner brought a car using finance from a garage in June 2013. When we spoke with the salesman and owner of the company he assured us that we would not have any problems with the car and it would cost no more than a normal BMW. When I took the car for a test drive I also asked the salesman what the whirring noise was coming from the engine, I was told that because the car was designed to be driven at high revs this was a normal sound and there was nothing to worry about.
    The car came with a 6 month warranty and during this time we had no end of problems. Within a week the engine management light came on and we booked the car into be fixed. It was apparently fixed and yet again within 24 hours the light came on again. I took the issue up with the garage and it was booked in again, this time the problem was sorted.
    The within another month my car broke down again, I called the AA and there was a more serious issue, once again I contacted the garage and once again it was booked in with the engineers. I was without my car for almost a month while the problem was fixed. Upon picking up the car I took the issue up with the salesman and was told he would give me an extra 3 months warranty from when the 6 months ran out. Which would take me to the end of March.
    Recently the car has been making a horrible sound (the original sound I mentioned to the salesman when I test drove the car, but much louder and more severe), the coolant has been running out and the engine management light has been flicking on and off again.
    I called out the AA to have a look at it today and after spending an hour looking over the car he came to the conclusion that the rear axle needs replacing, a job that will cost my £1000's. The AA mechanic mentioned that I should not drive the car at all until it is fixed. My fiancee uses the car for her child minding business and therefore we have a real problem on our hands.
    I phoned the garage and told him about the problem with the rear axle to which he replied he would call me back in a minute. No phone call after 2 hours so I sent a text asking to ring me urgently. Still no call. My fiancee is pregnant and is causing her a lot of stress so I need to sort the problem out ASAP. We don not have £1000's to spare to fix the car.
    I need to know where I stand with this situation and how to resolve it. I feel I have been mis sold a car that the salesman knew had problems from the beginning when I mentioned the noise.
    My warranty has expired by 11 days and I am worried the salesman is going to say "it is not his problem anymore."
    Since I brought the car in June last year it has been in and out of the garage at least 5 times and the mechanics and the salesman have driven it and should have picked up on this problem.
    PLEASE HELP!! Do I have a leg to stand on? It is causing a lot of stress and if the salesman doesn't call me soon I am going to phone him again.
    Any help would be very much appreciated

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X