• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Sent to wrong address 3 years ago

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Sent to wrong address 3 years ago

Hi everyone and thanks for having me.
    I'm in a bit of a pickle.
    A couple of weeks ago, me and my partner decided to relocate back to Surrey from the Isle of Wight so we applied to rent a flat.
    Upon doing the references checks the ref company dug out a CCJ filed on my name in 2017.
    I thankfully secured the property by paying rent in advance and explaining the same situation I'm about to explain to you.

Like other people, I'm also trying to get a "mortgage ready" credit score so I can eventually buy a house for my family so I try to be a good citizen and pay my bills on time.
    I also check my credit often with all reference agencies, Equifax, CreditKarma, ClearScore, Experian. I consider myself a credit savvy person.
    My credit is not perfect, I have a few missed payments, 2013-2014 from when I was single and stupid, I think now I am a little older and a little wiser.
    Until the ref company dug the CCJ out, I never knew about it, the strange thing is that I have a credit line off over £5k in credit cards and overdrafts. I get declined sometimes but I always blamed it on things such as a too large amount or too many credit searches etc. This particular CCJ does not show on any of my credit reports, I have now filed a notice of correction with Equifax to find out what is going on in more details.

Upon investigating the case I managed to find the company who filed the CCJ and it's called Perch Capital Limited. Also affiliated with Asset Collections & Investigations and TM Legal Services. From what I read online, one of the most notorious collecting entity in the whole UK.
    I searched on the registry and I found the CCJ.
    £480 and some change, initial lender The Lending Stream, I tracked it down, by looking through an old email of mine, it was a loan of £200+£200 interest and fees + court fees I assume. I did borrow the money and really slipped my mind because I was stupid, my old correct address is on the credit contract. If it's not in your mailbox it's gone away type of stupid.

I'm aware this has to be paid to The Lending Stream, what's fair is fair, I will make sure they get the money asap.
    The problem is that the CCJ claim pack has been sent to an address that has nothing to do with me, very different from the credit contract. I have never lived there. And it was sent 2 years after I moved away from the area. My new address is shown on the electoral roll and being a company owner it's public information. My name is unique to England, it's impossible that someone has the same name as me and lived in the same area as me in 2014.
    Here's an example:
    The address I lived when I borrowed the £400 was something like this "the pretty cottage, small village, bigger town, Surrey" the address the claim pack was sent to 3 years after I moved from there was something like " 1, street name, small village, bigger town, Surrey". No way I could have been handed over the claim pack.
    The point is that the address is totally different to the one I lived at and 3 years later when the CCJ started, I was living at a new address that could have been found either on the electoral roll, companies house or even my credit report.

I know that, luckily, the court has a system in place for things like this and you can apply to get the CCJ set aside, by filling a form nr N244, it costs £255 and this is my next step.
    I just wanted to ask someone who is more seasoned than me with these things and if I have a chance of winning. Note that there are about 2 years left until CCJ will be removed regardless of what I do.

I just want to sort it out and I don't want any handouts, I will pay for it.
    Sorry for the novel, I just thought someone can help me better if they know the whole story.
    I will be following the thread closely and I can answer further questions.
    Thanks in advance and stay safe.
    Last edited by alexstrat; 17th May 2020, 11:19:AM. Reason: tags

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X