• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitors bill incorrect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitors bill incorrect

Hey everyone, I was hoping you'd be able to help me. My ex took me to family court as of September, we didn't have a court date until the following January at which point I directed a solicitor. I had 1 meet with her, then the hearing. I received an email a few weeks later stating she had left the practice.

The next court date wasn't until June and they said they'd assign it to a new solicitor in the meantime. Over the course of those 4.5 I tried to contact them many times, I was told it had been assigned to someone called P however I never met, spoke to or emailed with P.

Then P apperently left the practice.

The other party wrote to my solicitor (of which I didn't have) so they assigned a new one before court. I met with her once, I have spoken via email, and phone with her until the final court date which was moved to earlier this month.

Basically they've just sent me the final invoice and there are charges on there that I don't think are justified. Specifically 4 x emails in (£10) a pop, and 1x email out (£20) I have never spoken with this solicitor. Sure I emailed into my old solicitors reception to try and find out what the heck was going on, but I never dealt with this solicitor, nor did they make me aware I'd be billed for chasing them.

Also there are other charges on there for them dealing with the birth certificate registry. However I never asked for it to be changed, the other party did so why am I being billed for it?

I have emailed back and asked for a full breakdown, what is the best action to take after that is recieved?

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X