• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please can someone help me to decide what to do? Am at a loss in so many ways!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please can someone help me to decide what to do? Am at a loss in so many ways!

So back along my X took me to the High Court for 1.2 million. They'd lent me some money but no where near that amount. The Lawyer I had was useless. My defence was poor - paperwork wasnt submitted by my lawyer to get the hearing adjourned, things like the contract we had between us was completely ignored. Mediation was supposed to happen prior to court action. Mediation was me and her sat in a room in my lawyers office with a spread sheet which when we'd been through it supported how wrong her figures were but my lawyers never sat in on this or submitted this to the court in time, my witness statement was done the night before the hearing and I was asked to 'just sign it' as time was short before the Court closed for the day, stupidly I did, the barrister was instructed on the morning of the hearing and didnt really have a clue what was going on. They didnt engage with the other sides solicitors at all who were like Rotweillers in their offence. I was just left reeling.

When the X won I also had to pay her costs. I wasnt told that I could ask for more time to pay her anything or that her being given a charge on my house would mean I didnt have to pay her imminently. I ended up getting into bed with a very dodgy unregulated lender, have just become homeless as a result and for my own sanity think I need to challenge the work the lawyers did. Any judge if they had seen the spreadsheet which set the amount she lent me to be £700,000 would have not found in her favour.

I don't know what to do as my lawyers are now pursuing me for £50k in fees. I dont have the money so they are going for bankruptcy and have issued a Statutory Demand which just seems so ironic. Ive told the court its in dispute so that's been held off.

I dont feel they gave me any duty of care and Ive done nothing but suffer significant losses ever since. I dont know where to go to get help. I have no money to pay a lawyer. Im up for doing it myself but I dont know where to start?

Any ideas? Clues? Advice

All would be hugely hugely appreciated.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X