• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Injury Lawyers asking for me to transfer money back to them after completion of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury Lawyers asking for me to transfer money back to them after completion of claim

Hi All,

First post, looking for advice.

I had a road traffic accident a couple of years ago where I was knocked off my pedal bike by a reckless motorist. I found local solicitor to make a claim against him/his insurer, mainly for the cost of my bike and personal effects. After 3 years of back and forth emails and medical appointments with medical consultants, I won the case and my solicitor transferred me the claim amount, minus their 25% cut and a figure for "no win no fee" insurance.

Anyway, fast forward a couple of weeks after transferring me the money, they have contacted me saying that I needed to send them £800 back for a medical report that was re-done after they were not happy with the initial consultants interpretation/wording. They said they forgot to deduct it before they transferred me the money. At the time they advised me to proceed with another consultant and told me that if I did I would likely have to pay £300 from my damages.

Apparently the reason it is actually £800 is that the agency would not waive their fee for the discarded report and the insurance would not cover it. So it amounted to the full £800. My issue is that I was never informed of any of that at the time of agreeing to their advice to discard the report and proceed with another consultant.

Where do i stand on this legally? I thought the moment they transferred me the amount of damages, minus their fee and the insurance premium I was free to get on with my life and forget about the whole thing. Now my own solicitor is badgering me for £800 that they say I owe them.

Some advice would be appreciated. They have been chasing me for a couple of weeks leaving voicemails but I note they have not put anything in writing which concerns me.

Thanks,
    SpBit
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X