• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Alcohol Consumption Whilst Looking After Children?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol Consumption Whilst Looking After Children?

Good evening,

I won't go into war and peace just yet, I'll just ask the question and give a little detail.

What is the law concerning drinking alcohol whilst you have children in your care?

Brief Detail:

My ex partner and mother of my daughter has a problematic relationship with alcohol. Mother drinks whilst looking after her children (my daughter age 6 and another daughter 10). Not every night but a few times a week.
    Police have been called around 6-9 times over the last 6 years when drinking has gotten out of hand.
    Social Services have been involved on each of these occasions to lesser or greater extent. Each time the case was closed after 3-6 months.
    Most recent incident lead to Social Services opening a Child Protection Case.

I have googled etc but there really doesn't seem to be much in the way of laws covering this subject. The only reference I can find is Licensing Act 1902 or something like that. I aren't entirely confident in this law as it suggests the crime carries a penalty of a fine up to a shilling and/or jail time. Is this still the law?

Despite social services involvement, nothing ever seems to change. She continues to drink despite there now being a Child Protection Case. Social Services have still not moved to alcohol testing.

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X