• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ex Suspended Contact - Accused Psychological Abuse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex Suspended Contact - Accused Psychological Abuse

My ex has suspended contact with my two children (4 &7) until she has sought legal advice although I am still allowed to call them.

The headteacher had a word with her on Monday about my son mentioning a nightmare in which the horror character Jason chased him with a knife and cut his arm. The school done a safeguarding report which only states it will speak to the mother. It doesn’t mention any further actions.

My ex then contacted child services and called me back. She has said that I am guilty of psychological abuse and as we are co parenting she would also be guilty should she continue to let them have contact with me. I don’t know if this is child services saying this or the ex. I have requested a copy of the notes made and the case worker (if there is one) but have so far not heard back.

I don’t recall how my son found out about Jason. If the children do ever find something scary, I will show them the character and the actor to show how none of it is real and it is makeup. The concern regarding Jason was mentioned 2 weeks ago by the mum so immediately we stopped the children playing Roblox and using their tablets to limit exposure. The children have mentioned her new partner plays scary games so this could have easily come from her house.

This is about the 6th occasion where she has suspended contact since we split up 3 years ago. The last being back in March when she doesn’t believe I would wash the children’s hands sufficiently to prevent them getting Covid-19 and jepordising her new baby and family that was only resolved by the threat of legal action.

The ex has a long history of mental illness confirmed by her and her mother as well as the medication she is taking.

I’m not sure what to do other than wait for the letter from her Solicitor. I spoke to the children last night who are both so upset about not being able to see me. I couldn’t hear the reason their mum gave to them while on the phone.

Any thoughts appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X