• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My Ex husband wants to sell the house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Ex husband wants to sell the house

Hi,

I have been divorced for over 5yrs and at the time of divorce I thought (foolishly) that it was all over and I remain in the marital home until the children (now aged 10, 16 and 17) were 16. The divorce circumstances were rather traumatic the marriage ended after my ex beat me and the police removed him one night, thus I was not fully in control of rational thinking while I partitioned for divorce. My solicitor went through the proceedings yet filed to tell me that I was still financially married he did not apply for a full divorce (if this is the correct terminology) and it was until yrs later that I learnt I was financially still attached to my ex.

Now I have met another man who has moved in with me and my children. I received a letter from a solicitor this morning asking me to go to mediation with my ex regarding me buying him out of the property. I would do this but the mortgage company will not give me a mortgage in my sole name. I have recently finished a 3yr degree and set up my own business however, I am on full working tax credits with little extra finance available. My partner has entered into the business with me hence he does not have money to buy my ex husband out either.

For the 5yrs I have paid all of the mortgage, bills and maintenance of the property with no help from my ex and no child maintenance.

I am not wanting to keep the property without eventually giving him some equity when I do sell (most probably when our daughter has left school) However, to sell now would force myself and our children into rented accommodation which would be far more expensive than my mortgage commitments

Can my ex husband fore me to sell our house?

Any help would be great as I am panicking

Shelley

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X