• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Housing - the best way to deal with this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing - the best way to deal with this?

Hello,

I'd be very grateful for some advice on my situation please. I'm separated, have been for approx 6 / 7 years. We were never registered married however the property we lived in has my name on the mortgage & deeds.I did not contribute towards buying the house nor have I contributed towards paying the mortgage however I paid for some of the household costs, I pay for myself and I pay for the children - childcare, activities, food, etc.

I have been to court and obtained an occupation order for 1 year but the legal fees for further action after that 1 year was up were too much for me to afford so I left the house. I do not live with him but our children come and go and we are amicable for their sake. He does not allow me to reside in the property with the children without him. I live with my parents along with my 3 children. For 1 year I rented (private) but I could not manage the costs financially so I had to give up the property and returned to my parents house. It is a family house and as well as my parents my siblings live there too - it is crowded. I have approached the local council but they cannot assist me as I have a property in my name.

For years I have requested him to remove my name off the mortgage but he does not and nor does he allow me to live there with just the children. There are many options available to him but he refuses to leave the house. My children travel by car 7 miles to get to school close to their home.

There has been some physical violence in the past but unreported (only reported once in 2007). There has been a lot of verbal abuse and intimidation - sometimes directed at the children, at times they are scared of their father. What can I do in these circumstances? He will never give up his property without a fight and he can afford the best lawyers as he did so in the past.

I've tried my best to keep it as short as I could. I hope someone can direct me. Thank you.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X