• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Aged parents and sibling problems looming.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aged parents and sibling problems looming.

Hi to everybody, your learned thoughts and advice is appreciated.
    To fill you in these are the details of our situation.
    Our parents have a house that is worth about £380.000 and Isas and savings of about £46000
    Although they took out one of those lifetime loans on the house of which £150.000 would have to be paid back in total.
    There are 3 of us, myself male aged 61, my brother aged 58 and our sister aged 55.
    We have aged parents still living in the same terraced house we were brought up in.
    Dad aged 92 and mum aged 90 both hanging on for dear life at the moment.
    Dad is very frail and has prostate cancer and mum has ongoing dementia.
    Various care agencys are in situ and an ongoing care package is in place for both of them,
    with various people from different departments turning up at different times to assess the situation.
    Our brother (aged 58) has always made himself available over the previous few years to sort out our parents
    affairs eg paying bills and putting money into Isas etc etc. So basically knows 100% about all their financial ins and outs
    and of which myself and my sister know nothing.
    He to my dad has always been the blue eyed boy and can do know wrong but we wouldn't trust him as far as we can throw him.
    Our brother (aged 58) doesn't get on with myself and my sister and our respective family, we think because he changed when he remarried into money and he is totally cash rich and if he got nothing from our mum and dads estate when they went it wouldn't bother him and he would make sure we didn't get a penny either.
    He recently sent texts to my sister that weren't very nice so much so that the police got involved and gave him a caution.
    And in a recent rant on a voicemail to her said (quote) " I'll see to it that you don't get a penny of mum and dads money"
    Our parents have a solicitor regarding any will in the future and we don't know even if he was appointed by our brother because
    he possibly knows him. Also in the past our brother has got my dad to sign things (he says relating to bank accounts) but we wouldn't know.
    Nobody has LPA at the moment. Our brother will only do it on his own, myself and my sister don't want the challenges on things if we did it together either.
    Our question is : What can be put into place so there is total transparency on our brother's dealings with our parents affairs?

It's almost like we need somebody unconnected with the family to take over their affairs to ensure total honesty.
    Your advice and thoughts on this are appreciated.
    Any questions please ask. Thankyou.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X