• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Child Maintenance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Maintenance

Hello. I have 2 children with my ex wife they are 15 and 17. I pay an arrangement of £1000/month to her for child maintenance. In September their windows were smashed in their home so they left their home, my ex and youngest went to her fiancé's and my eldest went to my dad's to live. Since then my ex and youngest have moved to her fiancé's permanently. My eldest is still living with my dad, she is in full time education and works 5 nights per week also. I have found out that my ex is not giving my eldest any money for food or clothes or to my dad for help with house costs etc.

I have messaged my ex and told her that I will not be paying her anymore for my eldest and will be giving money directly to my child. I have also asked for a refund on the October/November payment she received from me due to my child not living with her or receiving money for food/clothes.

Am I within my rights to give money directly to my daughter/father instead of her mother and am I within my rights to request a refund for the months which she has given my daughter no money for food and clothes?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X