• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rights with regard costs for travelling offset on child maintenance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rights with regard costs for travelling offset on child maintenance

Hi
    I have a difficult situation with my ex, we divorced over 6 years ago, they were not working and have not trued to work
    I earn a fair wage and have since the split had an amicable arrangement to pay for my 14 year old who lives with them.
    however I incur large costs to get to my job which is a 130 mile round trip daily as well as tolls to pay every day to get there.
    My ex asked me to stand guarantor for a £5k loand but as they have never been good with money and tbh honest as they are involved with a someone from Ghana who is currently in Berlin and just several weeks back went over to Berlin to meet this person and is now on about getting them intk the uk. They did this abandoning a 14 year old without anyone to look after them for a week so it seems this money is for this.
    out of spite my ex has now gone to get maintenance from me and the amount they are talking about is ridiculous and will mean I can no longer go to work as child maintenance are telling me they will not take account of my costs to be able to work, My question here is, are they right by saying they take no account of my travel costs? If so I wont be able t afford to service my mortgage so will lose the house and be homeless.
    My ex has been happy with the past arrangement and I increase this on a yearly basis as well as sharing half the costs for other needs such as clothes etc.
    Your best advice on how to deal with this would be much appreciated as I really do not want to give up my job I have done for over 30 years all because they are on a vindictive vendetta..
    TIA
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X