• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Active Financial Remedy Advice and an online Consent Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Financial Remedy Advice and an online Consent Order

Hello,

Im Lesley, I am looking for someone to hopefully help me.

I am going through a divorce and both myself and ex are litigant in person. The divorce part is now at the stage I can apply for the decree absolute, so all is fine there.

I have applied for the financial remedy and submitted all paperwork to court. The first appointment was on 19th Aug. The ex did not submit the paperwork or attend. The judge was not happy. He adjourned the appointment for it to rescheduled for first available date after 14th Oct. He is writing to the ex saying paperwork needs doing by 11th Oct or he will be in contempt of court.

Now here is where the advice is needed.

The ex now wants to do an online consent order and he has agreed to everything and we have come to a very amicable and fair proposal, with the house to be sold, mortgage paid off, equity split 50/50 and everything else like pension, assets, savings, debts all agreed and not be shared or disputed.

I am very happy with the proposal. The online company has assured us we can use there services and put in the consent order even while the financial court application is still open.
    Is that correct I just want to be sure as last year I lost 7 months as I was assured my divorce grounds could be amended only to be told later they could not and I would have to get divorce
    case dismissed and then to refile.

Any help / clarity would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Lesley
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X