• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Redundancy Queries - Forced to apply for new role

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redundancy Queries - Forced to apply for new role

Hi,

I have the following situation at work, and I am not sure if it is fully legal. Firstly I should state the company policy is to comply with ACAS if that helps at all.

So the situation is as follows:

• Current team of Business Analysts (of which I am one)
    • Current team of Change Analysts (in different department) - a role junior to the Business Analysts

Restructure takes place, in which the Business Analysts are moved into the same department as the Change Analysts. We are then advised:

• Current BA role is "at risk" - i.e. it will no longer be in the structure
    • Current Change Analyst role is "at risk" as well
    • A new Change Analyst role has been created, which has less positions than the combined teams
    • Apparently the new role is a 90% fit for the existing Change Analysts, so they don't have to apply are automatically given a job
    • It is also (somehow) at 70-80% fit for the Business Analyst job, and as such we MUST apply for it via an assessment or hand in our resignation
    • We may not take voluntary redundancy
    • We may not take early retirement
    • Should someone wish to to not apply (and thus have to hand in their resignation), the Director in charge has advised he will force us to work our full notice as it "inconveniences" him and he may have to source replacements

Considering my full notice is 3 months it is really annoying. The offered role is generally seen as junior to the Business Analyst role, and some may choose to leave. However at the moment they are saying we have no choice but to apply.

My main questions are:
    • Are they correct in forcing us to apply for the new role?
    • Is there anything that can be done in regards to the notice period considering we are officially "under risk", as it is making it difficult to seek some employment with a three month notice period.

Would really appreciate any advice.

Cheers

DoN
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X