• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Advice on pending disaplinary hearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on pending disaplinary hearing

Hi All

Sorry if i a ramble while writing this post. I have worked for my company for 7 years and apart from an absense issue have been a good employee. I had been signed off sick with my company for just over a year, initially with low mood be was subsequently diagnosed a as Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. I battled for a year to get over this returning to work a number of times during my illness. During one of these time when i returned to work, i made the mistake of setting up a payment system for one of our sites and using my account details while this site was being tested. This site was never finished and never fully launched and as far as i know shelved and never finsihed as i returned to sick leave. As it turns out due to the wonders of Google this site was found by a few of people who then used the sign up process to set up a monthly recurring payments of between £2 and £5. Unknown to me these monies were transferred into my account a various dates during the month. This account is not my main salary account but is heavily used for shopping so i constantly transfer small amounts into the account when going around the shops for milk and other small shops. For each transfer of money there was a receipt email sent to my work account which i no longer had any access to so hadn't spotted the receipt email either.

This carried on for December 2013 until October 2014, at this point following counseling and treatment i felt well enough to return to work, at this point i recived a letter telling me that i am suspended from work pending an investigation meeting where they would ask me to give my account of the allegations. In this meeting freely admitted that the account setup was my doing, I had created this account during a period that i was severely affected by my illness and that had i had access to my email and seen the payments being sent that i would ave stopped them sooner as i had not meant to receive fund for the website personally. I have coveyed that i am very sorry and embarrassed that this has happened and that i am willing to pay back any monies i have wrongly received.

On Saturday i reccieved a letter asking me to come to a disciplinary meeting this Friday to hearing the findings of the investigation with a view to decide where it is a mater of Serious or Gross misconduct. It also ask me to confirm in will attend and if i would like to cll any witnsses. This i find impossible to do as i am not allowed to have any contact with staff at work and as i have been off for a year i dont even know if any staff members are still there to support me. The Staff member i created the site for left a good 6 months ago and i had only verbal conversations about the payment system. I do not feel that me attending the hearing would benifit me in my recovery as i feel that the only outcome for the hearing would be for me to be dismissed. At present i feel i should resign due to illness as work also have a letter from their occupation health team saying that if i go back to my current role they feel that it would cause to become ill again.

Any advice is welcome
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X