• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fit For Purpose?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fit For Purpose?

Hi All
    I have a watch, which went in to be warranty repaired recently and the manufacturer is refusing to repair free of charge, as they are insisting it has 'impact damage'
    They have sent me a photo of a tiny scuff on the side of the crown of the watch, which is where they are saying the damage is from.
    Having now looked at the warranty it does say no kind of knock is covered.
    I was not aware of it being knocked, nor the fact that the warranty does not cover knocks when buying.
    The manufacturer on their advertisement of this particular model (on their own website)
    says it has 'military roots' and is the 'epitome of sturdiness'

Incidentally the watch cost £2800, the cost of the repair is £800 roughly through the manufacturer, but an independent watch repair company think it more likely to be around £300-£400.

I'm considering risking £200 (if its going to be around that figure), to go to small claims court with the manufacturer as I've had people tell me it cant be fit for purpose if it cant take any kind of knock,
    even more so when it claims to be the epitome of sturdiness!

The watch is now out of warranty but the fiasco is now dragging into its fifth month.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X