• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Complaint against Harvey's!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaint against Harvey's!!

I have bought 2 sofa's from Harvey's in Doncaster. While I was signing up everything was good, laughing, joking etc. However I have not received any paperwork for the agreement. I received an email to sign into the agreement online however it asks for a 14 digit code which I was never given or received. I called up the number on the back of the agreement with Harveys to their customer service centre (yeah right) Firstly I asked about the delivery as we have been told it could be 5 weeks or worst case 15 weeks which either way gave me time to decorate my room before deleivery. The lady I spoke to gave me a date of 10th June which at that time was 15 weeks on the dot, then it would depend on delivery which could be 2-3 weeks more. I wasnt happy so I got her to put me through to the store where this very unhelpful man answered. When I told him about the timescales I had been told (baring in mind there was 3 of us there to witness this) he denied that any one of the sales people would quote 5 weeks as they are never ready in that timescale. I was fuming so he said "he's here let me put him on the phone" I agreed, then he said "oh he's gone" how convenient. Anyway to cut a long story short I have raised a complaint to the CEO and the top dog of the sister company over a week ago and yes you got it. No response. I have read on this site there is another person to send to called Steve so I have sent it to him today but I'm not holding my breath.

My main problem is that they told me the cancellation rights are 24 hours after signing the documents. I find this outrageious as it seems that they can mess people about all they want and we dont have a leg to stand on. Can anyone confirm if this is right?

Any help or advise would be very welcome

Dave
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X