• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Online courses cancellation help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online courses cancellation help

Hi, was looking for some legal advice and I stumbled upon this website.I started an online course with a company. Opted for the monthly payment scheme(total amount of 1k over 8 months). This was 4 days ago. The company has plenty of terms and conditions, but my concern is about this :
    • If you have ordered Products or Services, have received them and have accessed the account ie logged in, you void your right to cancel within fourteen (14) days of your order. You will be legally liable for the full amount of the training whether having paid in one lump sum or via instalments.

I watched some training videos over the course of 4 days and due to personal reasons I'm forced to stop my studying. Basically they allow you to study for a year, and there's an expiration date after that.
    I was NOT informed of the specifics of the T&C, they were attached to the email I received, with no mention of anything. So you can imagine my frustration when I had to stop learning and still have to continue payment for the next 7 months. I also consider this a mis-sale. The reason being : they say a very large amount of content can be covered within 6-8 weeks, which is not a realistic standard. They have an example(so they say) of someone who completed everything in 5 weeks. There's not a percentage of students that usually completes this course in 5 weeks, their example is one person. Reading other opinions I found out the average time you need to assign to studying is around 5-7 months(I know learning is subjective, but I would rather trust statistics than an example of one person)
    I'm willing to pay a termination fee, but considering the email I received, they said there is no other method of cancelling once I logged into my account on their platform.*

So now I'm stuck paying for a course that's I'm not gonna have time to study for, every month for 7 more months.

Shouldn't they have a termination process? I'm not asking for a full refund, just to stop my monthly payments. Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X