• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shared fuse box for electric meter help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared fuse box for electric meter help

Hi there,

My prepayment electric meter has been showing a blank but lit screen since August dud to a power cut and unfortunately after the electric company Boost came out they advised there was a shared fuse box with my neighbour (live in a block of flats) so would need him to be in and allow access to his flat to test the electrics after the new meter can be fitted (current meter is a traditional meter, they won't fix and will need to fit a new meter).

After I agreed a time with my neighbour he decided to go out the day of the installation so was a failed appointment, also the engineer advised that there was a wire on the meter that the council will need to remove (looks to be for storage heaters night rate which is no longer used in my flat).

I contacted Boost about another appointment but they have advised that any further failed appointments (neighbour goes out/refuses entry) I would be charged £30 per failed appointment so can't risk this happening.

My question is can I request the landlord (council) request the tenant to be in for my installation? They have advised that they have no legal way of gaining access to the flat but in the tenancy agreement it states that as a tenant you must allow access for utilities.

I'm currently stuck as the council don't wanna touch it (emailed and called multiple times) and Boost don't seem to care as the meter is now on a credit mode which I will pay once the meter is changed.

Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Oli
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X