• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Costs - getting them back from Mr Howard ( or not as the case may be)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Costs - getting them back from Mr Howard ( or not as the case may be)

It sounds like any judgment debts (ie your costs orders) will be held up by the criminal proceedings against Mr Howard, as his assets have been frozen. Thus it is now pointless chasing and we have to wait for the outcome of the court case bought by TS which is due sometime next year ( prob Sept '16) ) before payments for preferential creditors (judgments) can be paid.

Legal grounds http://swarb.co.uk/the-serious-fraud...d-10-jul-2008/ ( although I'm not 100% in agreement with TS on that point so I think it would be useful to discuss the case and its application here where these are primarily costs awards NOT compensation/payment due to criminal behaviour )
    Last edited by Amethyst; 4th September 2015, 07:08:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

So three years later..... 2nd August 2018 finally Richard (aka George Orwell) has been sentenced to 12 months imprisonment suspended for 2 years and 200 hours community service. Anyone with these outstanding costs awards should get in contact with TS again as they should be paid from the confiscation order I believe.

tyke1601 - has yours been sorted out ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X