• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

need some advice/direction in relation to benefits for a 16 year old

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some advice/direction in relation to benefits for a 16 year old

Hi

My youngest daughter, whos always had a room done at home ( my home ) has decided she want to live here, not her mums and partners

Am a mile away from understanding if theres any fuinding/benefits available for her as shes 16, doing her A levels ( shes a math geek ), any advice ?

My question is about notification, i dont really want to rattle the mums fianaces, shes been a good mum to my three,

If shes claiming for her, i imagin it will only be child benefit becuase she works.

Do i have to notify them, or can i make arraingment weith her mum to just carry on paying her but her living here ?

I asking becuase am wary doing anything and someone thinking its being done to claim falsy.

lol, all my girls did exaclty the same, turned 16, moved in with me.
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even
    Tags: None

Just incase anyone comes up against similar curcs ( your kid moves back home but still in collage )

It was easy dealing witht he tax credits office with this, i didnt know what you claimed and you sort of hear a lot of negative stuff, the people on the phone helped, let us pick a date that didnt affect her mum, got it all sorted for us last week.

Shes at collage full time so she gets CB ( £20) , but also a child tax credit (£50) per week, good way of them doing it, that allow her to cover herself for food, cloths and collage bits.

me, I havent stopped running aroumnd the house finnishing little jobs that have been waiting for , errmm, some nearly 10 years, lol,
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Hiya xxx Sorry I didn't see your post before. I've always found tax credits easy to deal with. My son is 16 and lives at home while going to college, and yes all I'd get for him is his child benefit and child tax credits. On child benefit - make sure it isn't being claimed by her mum as well - have you just switched over where it gets paid to ?

I also have an 18 year old living with me, who's not at college, so I get nothing for her, and if she doesn't find a job very soon will be going to sign on, lol, and a 19 year old who's off at Uni who I get nothing for - she works and lives on her maintenance loan.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X