• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay claims PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had the mediation call and got no where. What's the next step now.?

Comment

Meaning. What happened

Comment

The just wanted me to pay the full amount, minus the charges.

Comment

So back to court got next stage

Comment

What happens now then
            Really don't like this,

Comment

The mediator said Allay stated they had forms with all my employment and income details on?? How on earth would they have got these and what could they be?
              ​​​​​
              Also Allay didn't send me any of this following the sar?
              Does that mean they are in breach of the sar?

Comment

Celestine*

Comment

Originally posted by Dimond View Post
                  The mediator said Allay stated they had forms with all my employment and income details on?? How on earth would they have got these and what could they be?
                  ​​​​​
                  Also Allay didn't send me any of this following the sar?
                  Does that mean they are in breach of the sar?
                  Maybe but I don't think it's directly relevant to the case at the moment although you could mention it comes to your witness statement.

The next step will probably be the court notifying the parties that the case has been transferred to your local court, so you just have to wait.

Don't lose heart. You've got a good defence to this and the onus is on Allay to prove their case.

I like your pin shot
                  I keep it with your letter
                  Done up in blueprint blue
                  It sure looks good on you
                  And when you smile for the camera
                  I know I'll love you better

Then the shutter falls
                  You see it all in 3-D
                  It's your favorite foreign movie

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Comment

Will I have to actually attend court? Will this still go ahead with the current situation?
                    What do I have to do for a witness statement?
                    Sorry for all the questions but never experienced anything like this before.
                    Thank you for all your help
                    What do

Comment

You might land up having to attend court but that's a good few months away. Although the county courts have been told that they can hold hearings with some of the attendees appearing remotely if possible it's anyone's guess what the situation will be months down the road. County court hearings are a lot more informal than you probably think.

But it's by no means certain that it'll ever get to a hearing as a lot of claimants use the court claims process as a cheap form of intimidation to pay and don't follow through if it's clear that the defendant fully intends to defend. When the court issues a hearing date Allay have to pay a hearing fee upfront and it's at that point that a lot of claimants drop the case. Additionally as a hearing will be heard in your local court Allay will have to send someone to represent them which is another commitment they'll have to decide whether to make.

Your witness statement is your account of everything that happened and it's where you include all the documents you want to rely on and refer to that support your defence. Don't worry we can help you with it.

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
                      You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Comment

Thank you so much for explaining things.
                        Will I get notified when I need to do witness statement?

Comment

Not for a while yet, I think the next thing you'll get is notification that the case is being transferred to your local court.

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
                          You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Comment

Received the notification today, will they send me something else now?

Comment

Is that's notification of the case being transferred to your local court? The next thing the court will do is to notify the parties of a proposed hearing date but with the coronavirus situation that might be a while. At that point Allay will be required to pay the hearing fee, which is when some claimants take the opportunity to withdraw. If they pay it the court will then ask the parties to submit their witness statements and any documents to support their case.

So just sit tight - anything could happen yet.

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
                              You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Comment

Yes it's the notification of been transferred.
                                Thank you for your help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse
                                2 of 2 < >

INFORMATION

Claims Management Compare CMCs
                                Before using a claims management company make sure you DO YOUR RESEARCH. Firms can charge up to 50% of any refund you might be due.

LegalBeagles helps you compare CMCs on price and ratings of claims management companies that offer to help reclaim PPI (Payment Protection Insurance) or other financial products.

If you have a problem with a Claims Management Company you can post on our consumer forum for help in the first instance.

To make a formal complaint you should complain to the CMC in the first instance, and if there has been no resolution within 8 weeks you can take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman.
                                See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X