• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay claims PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allay claims PPI

Hi hope someone can help.
    Last March I filled out an ad on Facebook for a free PPI check.
    I was then sent documents to complete through the post which clearly states to proceed I had to fill out and return which I never did as I decided to go claim. Through the bank direct.
    I was inundated with text and phone calls from. Allay and blocked them as I did not want their services.
    I received my settlement direct into my back account in June.
    A few weeks later I received an invoice from allay claims saying I had to Pay them.
    Which I sent a complaint in that I disputed as I hadn't signed to go any further with them.
    I didn't hear any more from them until November when I was sent action before court notice and court papers but no reference number on.
    I contacted the court and they said as it didn't have a reference on their to ignore it.
    I again complained to allay stating I never completed their paper work as I didn't want or use their services.

I didn't hear anything more from until yesterday when I received court papers this time with a reference number on.
    I obviously want to defend this as I have never signed any paper work with this company and didn't use their services.
    Can anyone advise on how I fill the defence
    in please?
    Tags: None

Hiya

In order to best advise on a defence we'd need see the following:

The documents you were originally sent by Allay but didn't return, your complaint, the letter before action from Allay and the claim form you have just received.

It would be easier if you just sent us them to nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com and copy in my colleague sharon@legalbeaglesgroup.com

Was the settlement you got from your bank a result of a claim you had made directly to them? It would be helpful to see the offer letter from them too.

¬*
    ¬*

I like your pin shot
    I keep it with your letter
    Done up in blueprint blue
    It sure looks good on you
    And when you smile for the camera
    I know I'll love you better

Then the shutter falls
    You see it all in 3-D
    It's your favorite foreign movie

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Comment

Hi Dimond - just posting the relevant part of the documents... The letter of authority - is that the original you had and never returned or is that what they sent you as 'evidence' ?

Can you go online and register on moneyclaim and acknowledge the claim please - don't go on to the defence part yet. See*https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ledge-a-claim/

Also can you contact Lloyds ppi team and ask them to send you copies of any third party authority they have on your account. Ppi team on*0800 151 0292
      Attached Files
      #staysafestayhome

We may not win by protesting, but if we don't protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
      Hetty Bower

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you I have sent email with the original letter which I never returned and the claim form I just received.¬*
        I didn't keep a copy of the letter before action as as court said to ignore it.
        The complaint I sent by email to them.
        They just responded I had filled in a questionaire?
        Which gave them authority.
        Only thing I ever filled in was free check ad on face book.
        I filled in claim form direct from bank and received settlement not long after that.
        Thank you.

Comment

Great !

I think a CPR 31.14 request is in order to Allay and probably a full SAR to Allay and to Lloyds.*

Get the claim acknowledged first then you can start gathering info and work on your defence to file before 25th Feb *

CPR letter
          https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-of-documents/
          send to the newton willows address ( fao the guy who signed the claim ) asking for; letter of authority , contract for service , the invoice*

SAR letter
          to main Generator Studios address and to Lloyds banking group ( name the accounts the refunds were from to narrow it down )*https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

but do also call the Ppi team as above and ask for copies of the third party authority ( and if you have chucked the settlement letters ask for copies of those too - if they say no they should put them in the sar anyway so tell them you will be sending a subject access request for your data xx

I think EXC will agree with that for getting the defence underway - likely have a few additions on the complaints process too
          #staysafestayhome

We may not win by protesting, but if we don't protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
          Hetty Bower

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi¬*
            The letter of authority is what they originally sent me to complete and I never completed and returned.
            They havent sent me anything as evidence. Just said I completed a questionnaire.¬*
            Yes I will acknowledge the claim and contact lloyds
            thank you

Comment

Thanks for sending the documents through. You're in safe hands with Amethyst helping you with the process.

It's important that you send Allay the CPR request (as she suggested in her post) as it'll likely to help your defence even if they don't respond.

Originally posted by Dimond View Post
              The complaint I sent by email to them.
              They just responded I had filled in a questionaire?
              Which gave them authority.
              Could you forward us the complaint email and their response please? Sorry for all the questions but the more information we have the better your defence will be.

¬*

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
              You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Comment

Hi I have acknowledged claim on moneyclaim

Comment

Originally posted by Dimond View Post
                  Hi I have acknowledged claim on moneyclaim
                  Good.

I got the emails - thanks.

On this...

Good Afternoon, Thank you for your recent contact, I am sorry you felt the need to raise a complaint. I can see our teams issued you with a final response regarding your complaint. I would like to state that our terms of business states that we will notify you if PPI is attached to a claim and await your instruction to submit. We received your instruction to submit your case with NatWest xxxx in the form of a questionnaire. We then submitted your case to which an offer has been received. Please contact our teams if your circumstances have since changed, our teams can help review your case. Kind Regards,
                  What is the 'questionnaire' they're referring to? Do you think it's the Free PPI Check form you filled out on Facebook?

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
                  You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Comment

Yes it must be as¬* thats the only thing I have ever filled in
                    ¬*

Comment

Yes it must be as thats the only thing I have ever filled in

Comment

Great ! Any joy calling Lloyds ?
                        #staysafestayhome

Hetty Bower

Comment

Yes called Lloyd's today.¬*

Comment

When do I submit a defence?¬*

Comment

Amethyst will know.

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
                              You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse
                              2 of 2 < >

INFORMATION

Claims Management Compare CMCs
                              Before using a claims management company make sure you DO YOUR RESEARCH. Firms can charge up to 50% of any refund you might be due.

LegalBeagles helps you compare CMCs on price and ratings of claims management companies that offer to help reclaim PPI (Payment Protection Insurance) or other financial products.

If you have a problem with a Claims Management Company you can post on our consumer forum for help in the first instance.

To make a formal complaint you should complain to the CMC in the first instance, and if there has been no resolution within 8 weeks you can take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman.
                              See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X