• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Bank smart / Francis Hughes / ascend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXC
    replied
    Yes thanks. It seems clear they're referring to the same 2 letters marked 'sent recorded delivery' that you were but don't seem to have realised that that's what they're attempting to charge you for.

Regardless that we're not entirely clear who the letters were supposed to have been sent to (you or Business Logic) it looks like they've falsely 'adding value' to the invoices. All the other charges for letters sent (presumably by standard mail) on your and other peoples invoices I've seen is £12.

I think maybe you should respond challenging them on it.

Let me down another coffee and I'll draft something!

Leave a comment:

• mothergoat1
    replied
    Did you get my copy email I forwarded .? Not sure if I sent correctly.Thanks

Leave a comment:

• mothergoat1
    replied
    Will do
    thanks.

Leave a comment:

• EXC
    replied
    Originally posted by mothergoat1 View Post
    Hi
    I have sent off my Formal Complaint to Bank Smart on the 3rd Dec by email and post (recorded delivery).Also sent SAR to Next and Santander. So will see what happens.
    But interestingly I received an email responce on Wednesday 4th in reply to an email I had sent to them on 26th November asking for the recorded delivery letter
    Numbers that were shown on my invoices. so I could find out where these had gone. as it clearly states on the invoices they sent “Pre ppi deadline complaint sent recorded delivery” (at a cost of £22 on each invoice)
    They now say they sent nothing recorded as that would be a futile effort as there are no general problems with Royal Mail services and the vast majority of post is delivered correctly on time.These letters were not returned to us as undelivered.???*♀️*♀️*♀️
    So they charged you 2 x £22 for sending 'recorded delivery' letters that they now say weren't sent recorded delivery?

Can you forward me the emails please?

Leave a comment:

• mothergoat1
    replied
    Hi
    I have sent off my Formal Complaint to Bank Smart on the 3rd Dec by email and post (recorded delivery).Also sent SAR to Next and Santander. So will see what happens.
    But interestingly I received an email responce on Wednesday 4th in reply to an email I had sent to them on 26th November asking for the recorded delivery letter
    Numbers that were shown on my invoices. so I could find out where these had gone. as it clearly states on the invoices they sent “Pre ppi deadline complaint sent recorded delivery” (at a cost of £22 on each invoice)
    They now say they sent nothing recorded as that would be a futile effort as there are no general problems with Royal Mail services and the vast majority of post is delivered correctly on time.These letters were not returned to us as undelivered.???*♀️*♀️*♀️

Leave a comment:

• mothergoat1
    replied
    Thank you was interesting.

Leave a comment:

• EXC
    replied
    Here's the link to the Moneybox piece.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0009z2m

It's the 2nd item on the show and starts at 7 minutes in.

Leave a comment:

• EXC
    replied
    Originally posted by mothergoat1 View Post
    Hi

What do I need to send to Ivan Thompson (copies of all correspondence received from BS)
    If you don't mind I would like to email you explaining how we do that, if that's ok.

Can you email me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com and I'll respond.

Thank you so much for all your help you have given.xx
    You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• mothergoat1
    replied
    Ok that’s fine

Leave a comment:

• Amethyst
    replied
    It's the current figure on the online account. Figured as you were making a complaint it wasn't an issue that they can see a log in on there and gives you the extra argument - can you send the text of your SAR as I can't open the image file ( might just be too big )

Leave a comment:

• mothergoat1
    replied
    Hi
    Have read through the draft and love it. Where did you get the £658.20 figure from that’s only thing unsure of?
    What do I need to send to Ivan Thompson (copies of all correspondence received from BS)
    Also sent a copy of a letter I did by email to your selves could someone let me know if it’s ok to send to Next regarding SAR.
    Thank you so much for all your help you have given.xx

Leave a comment:

• Amethyst
    replied
    Looks bloody good to me ( Glad you've picked them up on their ridiculously inaccurate spelling )

Leave a comment:

• EXC
    replied
    Draft attached. You just need to fill in any red 'x' s.

Check it for accuracy and let us know what you think.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mothergoat1
    replied
    Have sent email of a letter I have put together forSAR request to next retail and Santander have a online form I can complete. Just wanted someone to see if ok before I post.
    Thank you all have a good evening.

Leave a comment:

• EXC
    replied
    Ignore. I'm just putting this here from FCA Policy Statement 18-23,

Click image for larger version  Name:	PS.PNG Views:	1 Size:	17.6 KB ID:	1499970
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X