• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Bank smart / Francis Hughes / ascend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mothergoat1
    started a topic **WON** Bank smart / Francis Hughes / ascend

**WON** Bank smart / Francis Hughes / ascend

Hi.
    Im looking for some help or advice.
    In April 2018 I signed an agreement with a company called Ascend to look into various ppi . Which resulted in nothing .
    Did not hear from Ascend for months and when ppi deadline ended destroyed all correspondence.
    Then at the end of October 2019 I received in the post a letter and two invoices from Bank Smart,stating they were awaiting the return of at least one document and I was in breach of agreement with them. The two invoices amounted to £578.20.
    They had been passed my details on from Ascend.
    This was the first time I had heard of Bank Smart and on looking at the invoices they alleged they have sent out various letters plus recorded delivery letters going back to April 2019.
    I emailed this company asking for 1.A copy of the 3rd party documents or letter of authority.
    2.Terms of contract
    3.The recorded delivery numbers for letters they had sent out so I can get in touch with Royal Mail to check where these may have gone.
    They sent by post two duplicate letters with the info I had asked for apart from the recorded delivery numbers.
    I have emailed them further stating I have received these letters but I’m still waiting for the recorded delivery numbers to clarify with Royal Mail where these alleged letters have gone.
    I also stated that I understood that a clients account for viewing was set up but as I am unsure of their honesty and integrity I will not access this online.
    Then I googled Bank Smart and came across your forums and was shocked to read how unscrupulous these people are and this could end up nasty.
    Please can somebody advise me where I stand with this company.Help.
    Tags: None

• mothergoat1
    replied
    I will do thank you

Leave a comment:

• EXC
    replied
    Ok just ignore it but let me know if you hear anything else.

Leave a comment:

• mothergoat1
    replied
    Hi
    Have spoken to Santander who have confirmed they hold no LOA
    with BS and as far as they are concerned the account is closed. Lady I spoke to this morning said that BS are going back to 17/8/19 , ?

Leave a comment:

• EXC
    replied
    Hiya

Mmm I'm not sure about this. It's not clear from the letter if Santander actually got an LoA from Bank Smart and if they did, if there is a signature on it.

I would either respond or call them asking them to forward the complaint they received and the LoA if they had one. Then we can decide what we need to do, if anything.

Leave a comment:

• mothergoat1
    replied
    Good morning. Back in touch after 6 months as I received a letter yesterday from Santander dated 30/10/2020. They have received a complaint via Bank Smart regarding the sale of ppi policy.But as they have no LOA have had to write back to BS to inform them.
    what are your thoughts do I ignore this cause I know BS don’t have any LOA or do I get back in touch with the Ombudsman . Thanks hope you are all safe and well.
    Letter from Santandet

Leave a comment:

• Amethyst
    replied
    Good news and as it should be ... well done

.... actually bank smart shouldn't be in business or be allowed to keep putting people through this stress and inconvenience.

Leave a comment:

• EXC
    replied
    You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• mothergoat1
    replied
    I would like to thank you so so much for all your help and I’m so thankful I found this site. Would like to wish you and everyone at legalbeagles all the best and thank you for all the work you do. THANK YOU .

Leave a comment:

• EXC
    replied
    Thread title edited to **WON**.

Leave a comment:

• EXC
    replied
    Well it looks like Bank Smart have thrown in the towel so congratulations!

It's a shame the complaint didn't run it's course and go to an adjudication and of course you didn't get the £100 you asked for but I'm sure you're happy enough so well done. I'll let FCA know.

Leave a comment:

• mothergoat1
    replied
    Hi I have forwarded the email direct to you . Thanks

Leave a comment:

• EXC
    replied
    Originally posted by mothergoat1 View Post
    Hello I have some news regarding Bank Smart. I have today received a phone call from the ombudsman who have informed me that they have received off Bank Smart correspondence stating that I do NOT have any invoices or claims outstanding.
    So is the Ombudsman saying that Bank Smart have just told the Ombudsman that?

They have sent me an email to confirm that as I explained that I have received no correspondence from Bank Smart saying that.
    Ok could you forward it to me please?

Leave a comment:

• mothergoat1
    replied
    Hello I have some news regarding Bank Smart. I have today received a phone call from the ombudsman who have informed me that they have received off Bank Smart correspondence stating that I do NOT have any invoices or claims outstanding. They have sent me an email to confirm that as I explained that I have received no correspondence from Bank Smart saying that.

Leave a comment:

• mothergoat1
    replied
    Thank you so much.*

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X