• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Bank smart / Francis Hughes / ascend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exc just emailed you reply and attached pdf file received from BS.

Comment

Originally posted by mothergoat1 View Post
      Exc just emailed you reply and attached pdf file received from BS.
      Interesting. It says there were 8 claims assigned from Ascend but I thought you only knew of 2? There's some interesting dates on the assignments too.

There's a lot of entries for stuff like ''Login Details with Notice of Transfer from Ascend Finance Sent to Client dated 03.04.2019'', did you ever receive these? I'm sure you didn't.

I would respond with something like this with a Subject Access Request:

Dear Sirs

Given your failure to supply me with copies of the 2 disputed 'recorded delivery' letters, despite me requesting these twice, it now appears doubtful that these letters exist. Additionally the 'Audit' document you provided refers to other entries for communications that I have never received or have knowledge of.

Accordingly please find the Subject Access Request bellow. **
      There's a SAR template here*https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

Will get done today .Thanks

Comment

Hi Happy new year to you all.* Just an update with BS.Sent a SAR* request 13th December and received a response by email on the 29th December.Basically was copies of* correspondence i had with Ascend Finance,and copies of* my file with BS which they had already sent to me previously. There was one letter from FOS to BS they received on 16/4/19 thanking them for sending the ppi questionaire and complaint form for the complaint. This was stamped claim no 233913. I did note that in there comment section of my files with them* on 18/6/19 there was a comment saying the FOS called to request new LOA. then on the 5/7/19 there was a note saying* FOS has all info needed to investigate complaint .* (not sure how ). The Formal letter of complaint I sent to them was* received by them by email on 3/12/19 and also by letter on 4/12/19 so hopefully should receive a response by at least the second week in February which takes in to account a christmas and new year break.* *Will keep you posted .x

Comment

Ok it doesn't sound like there's too much in the SAR response that'll help us so let's wait for the final response on the complaint.

Comment

Hi . An update on my Formal letter of complaint to Bank Smart. To date I have had* *no reply from them.I emailed the letter of complaint on 3rd December 2019 and also posted a copy by recorded delivery which they received at 11.17am on the 4th December 2019. I had an automated acknowledgement to the email .Did not receive any acknowledgement to letter but according to the 22 page client audit report created on the 11th December 2019 under heading Letters on the 5th December 2019 at 06.42( not sure if suppose to be an email sent or a letter but have not receive either) they* confirm receipt of recent correspondence in which I expressed dissatisfaction with the service ETC ,said complaints take an average of 7 weeks for them to provide a final response.Apart from a letter explaining if there will be a delay after 4 weeks ( which there has not been a letter)I would receive no other communication regarding my concerns. This has now been 10 weeks allowing time for Christmas and New Year breaks so I feel that it is time to complain to the Claims Management Ombudsman.* * *I have received a few emails from them since early December manly invoices outstanding etc .* *Interestingly* I have received back the SAR from Santander* and Bank Smart* had sent them on 1st April 2019 six* Notice of transfer of Claims Management Representative forms with notice that the Transfer between Franklyn* Hughes and Symmetric Systems* t/a Bank Smart dated 28th March 2019* would take place with effect 23.59 on 31st March 2019.* *The SAR received from Next* they did enclose two photocopies of letters from Ascend dated 2/5/18 and 4/7/18 regarding ppi. Nothing from Bank Smart .* Next also informed me that the one account I had was a cash only account so no pp and the other account was for the Next Directory. Also they listed 3 credit reference agencies to whom they pass customer details to. So I did wonder if they never replied to Ascend for this reason. I would very much appreciate* your help as to what to do* next ,do I start a complaint with Ombudsman now or should I wait a bit longer?* Sorry for the long post .x

Comment

I'm out and about but will post first thing.

Comment

Right it's off to the Ombudsman then.

Here is the online form which is pretty straight forward https://help.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/cmc but any questions just shout.

I've emailed you the 3 documents
                  you need to upload, which are the original complaint, the Bank Smart audit and letter from Bank Smart.

Under the section 'Your complaint', box 1 just say 'please refer to uploaded complaint document'. box 2 just be honest about the stress and anxiety Bank Smart have caused you, box 3 just say*
                  'please refer to uploaded complaint document'.

Comment

Thank you so much.*

Comment

Hello I have some news regarding Bank Smart. I have today received a phone call from the ombudsman who have informed me that they have received off Bank Smart correspondence stating that I do NOT have any invoices or claims outstanding. They have sent me an email to confirm that as I explained that I have received no correspondence from Bank Smart saying that.

Comment

Originally posted by mothergoat1 View Post
                        Hello I have some news regarding Bank Smart. I have today received a phone call from the ombudsman who have informed me that they have received off Bank Smart correspondence stating that I do NOT have any invoices or claims outstanding.
                        So is the Ombudsman saying that Bank Smart have just told the Ombudsman that?

They have sent me an email to confirm that as I explained that I have received no correspondence from Bank Smart saying that.
                        Ok could you forward it to me please?

Comment

Hi I have forwarded the email direct to you . Thanks

Comment

Well it looks like Bank Smart have thrown in the towel so congratulations!

It's a shame the complaint didn't run it's course and go to an adjudication and of course you didn't get the £100 you asked for but I'm sure you're happy enough so well done. I'll let FCA know.

Comment

Thread title edited to **WON**.

Comment

I would like to thank you so so much for all your help and I’m so thankful I found this site. Would like to wish you and everyone at legalbeagles all the best and thank you for all the work you do. THANK YOU .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X