• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Bank smart / Francis Hughes / ascend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **WON** Bank smart / Francis Hughes / ascend

Hi.
    Im looking for some help or advice.
    In April 2018 I signed an agreement with a company called Ascend to look into various ppi . Which resulted in nothing .
    Did not hear from Ascend for months and when ppi deadline ended destroyed all correspondence.
    Then at the end of October 2019 I received in the post a letter and two invoices from Bank Smart,stating they were awaiting the return of at least one document and I was in breach of agreement with them. The two invoices amounted to £578.20.
    They had been passed my details on from Ascend.
    This was the first time I had heard of Bank Smart and on looking at the invoices they alleged they have sent out various letters plus recorded delivery letters going back to April 2019.
    I emailed this company asking for 1.A copy of the 3rd party documents or letter of authority.
    2.Terms of contract
    3.The recorded delivery numbers for letters they had sent out so I can get in touch with Royal Mail to check where these may have gone.
    They sent by post two duplicate letters with the info I had asked for apart from the recorded delivery numbers.
    I have emailed them further stating I have received these letters but I’m still waiting for the recorded delivery numbers to clarify with Royal Mail where these alleged letters have gone.
    I also stated that I understood that a clients account for viewing was set up but as I am unsure of their honesty and integrity I will not access this online.
    Then I googled Bank Smart and came across your forums and was shocked to read how unscrupulous these people are and this could end up nasty.
    Please can somebody advise me where I stand with this company.Help.
    Tags: None

Do your 'invoices' have an amount of about £88 around 25th April for 'Francis Hughes' ?

Â*
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi
      Yes £88.29 .Claim assigned from Francis Hughes then Claim assigned to Bank Smart,validated and registered.

Comment

There's a few people who have the same thing at the moment.

Are the forms they have sent you replacement Letters of Authority ?

Are the 'claims' for Packaged Bank Accounts or PPI ?

Have you moved house at all since singing up with Ascend ? ( Francis Hughes is really Franklyn Hughes Ltd t/as Ascend Finance )

Interesting they have told you they were recorded delivery letters - surely they'd know you'd thus ask for evidence of such.

The online account they've given you the password etc for literally only says the amount of the 'invoice' - there's no breakdown or other info. So you're not missing anything.

Have a read of a couple other threads, particular this one ( I'll just move your thread to the CMC forum )
        https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...724-ppi-claims
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi
          Thank you for your response.

The forms they have sent me are photo copies of Ascends engagement letter and Ascends Claim terms and conditions plus photocopies of ppi letters of authority signed with Ascend.

They state that the documents they sent out to me are against ? retail ltd ( ? Ppi on credit card !!!!)
          ? Represents the name of the store and !!!! the last for digets if a credit card. Hope I’m making sense.

i haven’t changed address since dealing with Ascend.

According to the two invoices which are exactly the same (apart from on the one there is a charge for breach of contract.) on the 24/8/19 they have charged me £22 on each invoice for pre ppi deadline complaint sent recorded delivery.
          So I am presuming that might be two recorded letters sent.?

I can understand if maybe one letter went astray but not numerous ones plus recorded delivery that requires a signature.

Hope this is making sense.
          Thanks

Comment

Any chance you can do a pic of the docs they sent you and email it to me please. ( admin@legalbeagles.info )
            Redact personal info of course xx
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi .
              Will send pics to you. Not very good at doing attachments so hope you get them ok.
              Thanks.

Comment

Got them thank you xx

Can you tell me the date of signing the terms of engagement pls .. also did they send the terms leaflet ? ( no need to send it I've got a copy just wondered if they did send it to you )

also are all the LOAs for PPI ? How many LOAs are there ?( think you might have duplicated a couple of pics so just checking )

Click image for larger version

Name:	0428FC01-2AB0-4606-8A98-09ACAEBAACA6.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1499803
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

The recorded delivery letters are to the lenders so you won't have received them - you can still ask for evidence though - - do you know who business logic are or is that just some banksmart speak ? If you know which lenders each of the invoices relates to then a SAR (Subject Access request ) to those might be a good idea ( to see if Ascend or BS actually did anything regards your ppi claims )
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

This is the same on all the others too ... those breach of contract invoices would have to be for not returning something to Franklyn Hughes and them informing BankSmart of such as they didn't even send you any Documents to return until after the ' final demand' ....

Name:	BB022A61-5F89-4883-8C0D-062A4E1B55D4.jpeg
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1499808
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Morning.
                      They have sent me a terms leaflet.
                      The engagement letter I signed was 27/4/2018
                      The photos are of the photocopies that Bank Smart sent me (10 ppi LOAs in total.
                      The 4 in the same name one is dated 27/4/18 and the others the 29/10/18 .I only ever had 2 cards so unsure why there are 4 LOAs.

i know that ascend did notify the name of the bank on the others as I did receive letters saying no ppi off them and I have still got some emails from ascend.

No I have never heard of business logic either.

Thank you .

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        This is the same on all the others too ... those breach of contract invoices would have to be for not returning something to Franklyn Hughes and them informing BankSmart of such as they didn't even send you any Documents to return until after the ' final demand' ....
                        Exactly and do we know what they claim wasn't returned?

The only terms in the Ascend T&Cs which refer to the obligation to return stuff are these but there's no refence to what the position is if stuff isn't returned.

Name:	ascend.PNG
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	1499846

Â*

Comment

Hi
                          All letters I received from Ascend I always replied to , and I haven’t heard from them for a long time ,
                          According to BS they say they are awaiting the return of a questionnaire and have sent at least 3 reminder letters but as they are the third party who have received my info off Ascend why would they need me to complete anything when they have the info anyway. ?
                          Also in their letter they say they might be able to provide replacement forms to continue with claim and cancel invoice but as the ppi deadline has ended how can they continue .Im confused *♀️
                          Also on the 21stNovember 2019 they emailed me to remind me I had outstanding invoices to be paid. So if they say they sent at least 3 reminders by post for some questionnaire why didn’t they email to say they hadnt received that said questionnaire.x

Comment

Also no 12 of the terms and conditions about tf rights. That says they notify in writing if that happens but I cannot remember anything from Ascend to say they were tf my details.??

Comment

I'm not sure what Amethyst thinks but I think we know enough to be able to draft a formal complaint to them. That means if they don't uphold it within 8 weeks you can then go to the Ombudsman with it.

We've just done one for someone hereÂ*https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...i-claims/page2

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X