• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Bank Smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **WON** Bank Smart

Hello everyone, I am new member. I heve problem with Bank Smart. They want money for breach of contract. I don't remember any agreement between me and Bank Smart. They sey claim was assigned from Francis Hughes 25/04/2019. I m sure 100‰ I had no, contact with them this year. I remember, years ago different company wanted something with PPI. I tried to call them but any. contact is by email only. I think they are scampers. Pls. Tell me what to do? Thanks.
    Tags: None

Hi there,

Some claims have been sold over to BankSmart from other CMC's who have pulled out of the business following the change over from the MOJ CMR to being regulated by the FCA.

I'm not sure though who Francis Hughes are - do you have any more detail? the authorisation number, address, company name etc? Is it this one - Address: FJH FINANCIAL
    SOUTHFIELDS
    ALDWORTH
    BERKSHIRE
    RG8 9RS
    Any copy of the terms from Francis Hughes? ( do they allow for assignment to another CMC for example?)

Do you have any idea what this breach of contract invoice is for? How much are they asking? And if you can do a picture of the letter and cover up any personal details ( post or email to admin@legalbeagles.info ) that would be helpful.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you.
      I don't know Francis Hughes, and never heard anything about that person or {company}.
      Breach of contract is for... " not returning document which is required for us {Bank Smart} to complete claim against Lloyds".
      They want £238.
      I remember last year or 2 years ago started receiving letters from some companies but I treated it like spam and bin it. I never had any loan from my bank. They say - 25/04/2019 claim assigned from F. HUGHES, but claim is for my card number I had 3 years ago.
      I'm going to send some pictures of that letter., Thank you.

Comment

Thank you - we'll help put a reply together later xx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hiya

When we've seen the letter we can, as Amethyst said, we can draft a complaint for you.

but claim is for my card number I had 3 years ago.
          Are you saying that you haven't had the card for 3 years?

Comment

Got the docs ta Can't see the bit where they say it was assigned from this Francis Hughes tho - have you got that ?

It's a packaged bank account claim.

Do you know if you actually had a packaged account ( one you pay a fee for and got things like travel / phone insurance, overdraft etc included ?

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Claim ID: xxxxxxxxx Lloyds Bank - Packaged Bank Account *xxxxxxx Claim Created: 04/04/2019
              We have sent you a replacement Letter of Authority (in addition to the original document you previously signed). Often they require one every 3-6 months and although frustrating it is important you sign and return this document.
              Comments: As previously advised we have enclosed our invoice for costs. Please pay the costs invoiced or contact us at support@bank-smart.co.uk [22/10/2019]
              You have failed to return the required information to us despite reminders and have been invoiced for costs due to breaching the contract with us. [04/10/2019]
              We have sent you a document and would be grateful if you could complete and return this as soon as possible. [06/08/2019]
              We have issued you with a final reminder for documents/information which is causing a delay to your claim. You may be in breach of your agreement with us if you fail to respond and be invoiced costs. [09/07/2019]
              We have issued you with a further reminder for documents/information which is causing a delay to your claim. Your claim may be lost and you may be in breach of your agreement with us if you fail to respond. [29/05/2019]
              We have issued you with a reminder for documents/information which is causing a delay to your claim. Your claim may be lost and you may be in breach of your agreement with us if you fail to respond. [29/04/2019]
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Soooooooooo I think first we need to write and ask for a copy of the Letter of Authority.

This is the Francis Hughes part...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-11-05 11_27_11-Banksmart letters and costs lists.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.png
Views:	1
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	1495754
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Amend and send by email to
                  support@bank-smart.co.uk
                  and also by registered mail to:
                  Bank-Smart Support Team
                  First Floor
                  Building A Green Court
                  Truro Business Park
                  TR4 9LF

Your Client ID ref: xxxxxxx

Dear Sirs

I am writing in response to your letter dated xxxxxxxxxxxxx 2019 in which you allege that I have ''breached'' a contract with yourselves and for which I, you assert, am liable for ''damages''. I have never entered into any agreement with BankSmart or Symmetric Systems and dispute that any breach of contract has occurred. As far as I am aware I have never instructed anyone to make any claim on my behalf for 'packaged bank account charges'. In your letter you state that the 'Claim assigned from Francis Hughes' at a cost to me of £88.29. I have absolutely no idea who 'Francis Hughes' is. I am therefore somewhat at a loss as to why you feel I am indebted to you at all.

In consideration of this demand I would be grateful if you could provide me with the following:

1) A signed copy of any contractual agreement with you.

2) All copies of Letters of Authority signed by myself.

3) A copy of any documentation/agreement/contract you have been assigned by 'Francis Hughes'.

Can you also confirm how, if you were assigned the agreement by 'Francis Hughes' on the 25th April 2019, you state that on the 29th April 2019 that you
                  "
                  have issued [me] with a reminder for documents/information which is causing a delay to [my] claim. [My] claim may be lost and [I] may be in breach of [my]agreement with us if [I] fail to respond". Please tell me when the first request to provide you with documents was sent and the deadline by which I was required to respond by.

On receipt of the above documents I anticipate that I will be making a formal complaint to you.

Yours

Mr xxx

EXC - think that covers it ? obvs just nicked your letter basis here
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Looks fine. So they're actually charging for the assignment? Have you ever heard of a company charging for assigning anything?

I'm assuming that whatever terms Bruno 17 signed (if indeed he ever did) with Francis Hughes or FJH Financial would be the same terms that Bank Smart would have to abide by. Thing is according FCA register neither of them are authorised for claims management, so Bank Smart's response will be quite interesting.

Comment

First time I've seen such a thing. Maybe that's what they paid Francis Hughes/FJH for the lead ? £88 seems excessive for a single packaged account claim though. Be a shame if BankSmart have been screwed over by FJH wouldn't it....
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you for help. That email looks fantastic. I don't want to send them my any details {mobile nr or email address}. English is not my first language, it is bit harder for me to explain or right any legal action. As you know years ago, almost every single day had calls from PPI claiming companys. Even now there are colls asking me about car accident. Where did they get my mobile number? Thank you.

Comment

That's fine, just send it in the post and give them only your address to respond in writing to.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you very much. You are really helpful.

Comment

Have you heard anything back yet Bruno 17 ?
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X