• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pension/inheritance

    I'm 54 and as far as I know wont be getting much of a pension ( waiting to hear from pension tracing service).
    I may soon be receiving some inheritance money, ideally I would like to put that away for retirement.
    problem is.....Im in quite a bit of debt (I know I have to take responsibility too, i let the debts be put in my name) but this is because hubby was happy for me to look after kids/home while he Worked...
    we aren't getting on these days and don't know what future holds, but I'm scared!!!!
    This inheritance from my parents, as they said was for me to 'enjoy,' but it's causing stress.
    haven't told hubby the amount I'm getting as in his head he's spent it already ( he's terrible with money)
    is there somehow I can put some of the inheritance into a pension ( then I hope knowing i have something to live on I can deal with debts) .....
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Hi! No-one replied to you here? How is it going?

    My advice would be to keep hold of it all for you - in your bank account (just set up a secret one he does't know about and say no to paper statements) - especially since you're not getting on. Screw him lol!

    There is no limit on how much you can contribute to your pension, just a limit on the tax relief you'd get. BUT - will this solve the problem as once you hit 55 you can draw it and he'll know about it..?

    I feel it for you, my ex husband would have been exactly the same - note 'ex' and that's the best way out though I know it is hard.

    Good luck x


    • #3
      I think you are absolutely free in this regard and have the right to decide what to do with your money yourself. Another thing is the commission and benefits. Specifically, I don't understand this, I will not be able to help. I think to make it easier, you need financial advisers, and even better pension financiers. You can try it at https://www.hensoncrisp.com/ . I've hired financiers there for other purposes, but I think they'll help you, too. Also explain the problem to them and they for sure will find a solution how to help.


      • #4
        old date
        Last edited by Sam101; 4th February 2022, 20:36:PM.


        View our Terms and Conditions

        LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

        If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

        If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.