• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Financial Services & CFS Secured Loan Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Financial Services & CFS Secured Loan Advice

Hi - Hoping for some advice or steer in the right direction.* I have a secured loan on my property with Welcome Finance.* Loan was around 10k taken out in around 2008, from memory.* I have a balance or around 7k but I stopped paying this approx. 4 years ago.* Debt has been passed to CFS who continue to write to me with just a monthly statement, no fees or interest being added and they refer to my "mortgage arrears"*They have not been chasing the debt.** *I am in the process of selling my property and I am willing to offer settlement to get the charge removed but*some questions I have

1) Is there a way to remove the charge without settlement to them? Court or Land registry application maybe?
    2) Is it worth negotiating a reduced settlement?
    3) I don't have any paperwork or records regarding the loan - would a SAR be recommended before any offer of settlement or a specific letter

I have tried speaking to coast financial services via target but I cant get through, no email address either

Any advice or recommendations is appreciated - I have never had to do this before so working a bit in the dark regarding next steps.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by dougie0277 View Post
    Hi - Hoping for some advice or steer in the right direction.* I have a secured loan on my property with Welcome Finance.* Loan was around 10k taken out in around 2008, from memory.* I have a balance or around 7k but I stopped paying this approx. 4 years ago.* Debt has been passed to CFS who continue to write to me with just a monthly statement, no fees or interest being added and they refer to my "mortgage arrears"*They have not been chasing the debt.** *I am in the process of selling my property and I am willing to offer settlement to get the charge removed but*some questions I have

1) Is there a way to remove the charge without settlement to them? Court or Land registry application maybe?
    3) I don't have any paperwork or records regarding the loan - would a SAR be recommended before any offer of settlement or a specific letter

I have tried speaking to coast financial services via target but I cant get through, no email address either

Any advice or recommendations is appreciated - I have never had to do this before so working a bit in the dark regarding next steps.
    I think your first steps could be an SAR ( lots of templates on here) Welcome Finance themselves are in Adminstration.
    As I understand this IF they could prove anything Welcome themselves cannot pay what they owe so you would be the bottom of a long list .
    Last edited by dogtired; 15th September 2020, 05:12:AM. Reason: Spelling
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by Cattledog
      Perhaps loan advice is really what I need now. I need a loan, but I`m not sure where to apply. I started reading some information on the internet, and found the site https://laanius.dk/kreditnu-laan with reviews and descriptions of loan providers. Some of them seem very interesting, as their conditions are rather attractive. Maybe this site will be helpful for someone else.
      Sorry wrong site/thread. I suggest you look again elsewhere
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dougie0277 View Post

1st try to get that paperwork and records and you can also shift your loan with another company all you have to do is Obtain a consenting letter from the existing bank along with the outstanding loan amount. Provide these documents to the new bank that you wish to transfer the housing loan balance. The new lender will then pay off the balance due to your old lender.

Comment

1st try to get that paperwork and records and you can also shift your loan with another company all you have to do is Obtain a consenting letter from the existing bank along with the outstanding loan amount. Provide these documents to the new bank that you wish to transfer thehousing loan balance. The new lender will then pay off the balance due to your old lender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X