• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit card debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Credit card dept

Originally posted by Del001 View Post
    Thanks nem, I will do tomorrow afternoon
    OK Del!

Comment

@nemesis45 here is a copy a the letter.

Due to : HPH2 ltd (Ex Barclaycard Our ref: .....
      Account Number ................. Amount due: £3,241.29

Your payment options with Robinson way

Your account details have been passed to us by our client to act as a collection agent and we will now be dealing with this account on their behalf. We offer a flexible approach to repaying your account and we want to agree an affordable repayment arrangement with you, by understanding your individual circumstances.

For example, below are some options that are available to you:

Option 1 - Pay £20.78 per week for 3 years to clear the above balance in full.
      Option 2 - Pay £12.47 per week for 5 years to clear the above balance in full.
      Option 3 - Pay £8.90 per week for 7 years to clear the above balance in full.
      Option 4 - Tell us what you can afford (there is no minimum payment).

Please contact us by 01/11/2015 0n 03301235755, by emailing us at contactus@robinson-way.com or by visiting our website at www.robinsonway.co.uk and let us know which is the best payment for you.

your faithfully

Customer contact manager

Our records indicate that we hold the following email address for you...............@.... which we may use as a possible means of contacting you. Can you please contact us if you do not wish us to email you at this address, or if this email address needs updating.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other part of the letter is as below.

Notice of Assignment

We are writing to notify you that MKDP LLP has assigned all of it's rights, title and interest in respect of the above account (including balance) to Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited (''HPH2 Ltd'') effective 21/09/2015.

The total balance sold was £3,241.29, as at 21/09/2015. Any payments made towards your account after this date will have been forwarded to HPH2 Ltd and your current balance is £3,241.29.

Under the terms of this assignment, and as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998, HPH2 Ltd is now the Data Controller of your personal Data contained in the records of this account and will use your personal details solely for the purpose of managing your account and collecting the outstanding balance.
      Robinson Way Limited has been appointed by HPH2 Ltd to manage your account and it is essential that all future payments and correspondence regarding this account be directed to Robinson Way Limited at

Robinson Way Limited
      Quays Reach, Caroline Way
      Salford
      M50 2ZY

You should contact Robinson Way to organise payment on this account. When contacting Robinson Way, please use the reference number ........... If however , you believe that you have received this communication in error please contact Robinson Way with all the relevant information.

Please note that should you check your credit file, this account will currently be shown under the name MKDP LLP. This will be amended to show Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited, however we will not send you a future communication when this change takes place.

Yours faithfully

Customer contact Manger

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      This is a credit card debt from Barclaycard

Comment

@nemesis45 here is a copy a the letter.

Due to : HPH2 ltd (Ex Barclaycard Our ref: .....
        Account Number ................. Amount due: £3,241.29

Your payment options with Robinson way

Your account details have been passed to us by our client to act as a collection agent and we will now be dealing with this account on their behalf. We offer a flexible approach to repaying your account and we want to agree an affordable repayment arrangement with you, by understanding your individual circumstances.

For example, below are some options that are available to you:

Option 1 - Pay £20.78 per week for 3 years to clear the above balance in full.
        Option 2 - Pay £12.47 per week for 5 years to clear the above balance in full.
        Option 3 - Pay £8.90 per week for 7 years to clear the above balance in full.
        Option 4 - Tell us what you can afford (there is no minimum payment).

Please contact us by 01/11/2015 0n 03301235755, by emailing us at contactus@robinson-way.com or by visiting our website at www.robinsonway.co.uk and let us know which is the best payment for you.

your faithfully

Customer contact manager

Our records indicate that we hold the following email address for you...............@.... which we may use as a possible means of contacting you. Can you please contact us if you do not wish us to email you at this address, or if this email address needs updating.

The other part of the letter is as below.

Notice of Assignment

We are writing to notify you that MKDP LLP has assigned all of it's rights, title and interest in respect of the above account (including balance) to Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited (''HPH2 Ltd'') effective 21/09/2015.

The total balance sold was £3,241.29, as at 21/09/2015. Any payments made towards your account after this date will have been forwarded to HPH2 Ltd and your current balance is £3,241.29.

Under the terms of this assignment, and as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998, HPH2 Ltd is now the Data Controller of your personal Data contained in the records of this account and will use your personal details solely for the purpose of managing your account and collecting the outstanding balance.
        Robinson Way Limited has been appointed by HPH2 Ltd to manage your account and it is essential that all future payments and correspondence regarding this account be directed to Robinson Way Limited at

Robinson Way Limited
        Quays Reach, Caroline Way
        Salford
        M50 2ZY

You should contact Robinson Way to organise payment on this account. When contacting Robinson Way, please use the reference number ........... If however , you believe that you have received this communication in error please contact Robinson Way with all the relevant information.

Please note that should you check your credit file, this account will currently be shown under the name MKDP LLP. This will be amended to show Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited, however we will not send you a future communication when this change takes place.

Yours faithfully

Customer contact Manger

This is a credit card debt from Barclaycard

OK Hoist Portfolio and RW are part of the same group. Hoist buys debts and uses RW to manage/collect the debts.

Back to basics on this I think.

1. A CCA request to Robinson Way. £1 Statutory Fee to pay use a Postal Order endorsed " For Statutory Fee Only" use the template from the forum library. RW has 12 + 2 Days to supply a copy of the agreement relevant to your BC account. We need to see if they have anything to back up their authority to pursue the debt.

2. Given the amount outstanding I'm a tad surprised that no County Court Claim has been issued.
        So get the CCA request away asap use signed for post.

nem

Comment

Hi nem, I'm all new to this forum. Any chance you can copy post the template on my thread please. Can I pay the £1 to them by postal order you think?

Del

Comment

Just seen the postal order bit. I should of read what you wrote properly.

Comment

Just seen the postal order bit. I should of read what you wrote properly.
              Yes pay by PO write for " Statutory Fee Only On the Back.
              CCA template is in the forum library.

nem

Comment

Many thanks nem

Comment

[MENTION=7741]hello[/MENTION] again Nem,

I sent a CCA request to RW on the 28/10/2015. I got a reply from them. See letter below.

Dear Mr ...... Date 03/11/2015

Due to HPH2 LTD (Ex Barclaycard) our ref ...
                  Account number .............. Amount due: as above

Following your request, we have today asked for a copy of agreement/statement to verify that you are liable to pay the amount due.

Your account has been placed on hold temporarily pending receipt of this documentation and we will we will contact you again in due course.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Nem, what's your advise on this one?

BR
                  Del

Comment

It means they are stuffed until they come up with the credit agreement and they cannot demand payment from you until they do as you made a statutory request under S.78 CCA 1974

Comment

Thanks judgemental.

Comment

Hi again,

Since my last post back in October, I received a letter from RW on 14/12/2015 written as below.

Please note that we have not yet received a response from the original creditor.

This note is to let you know that we continuing to seek an update and we will let you know the response as soon as we can. Action on your account has been temporarily stopped whilst we await a resolution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the 22nd December, I got this letter from Hoist Portfolio holdings ltd saying.

Please note due to unforeseen circumstances we have been unable to locate your recent correspondence with with reference to your CCA request.
                        We use external scanning company and somewhere along the line your correspondence has been destroyed.
                        Please can you forward another copy of your request onto us & we will action it as a matter of urgency.

We apologise for any inconvinience

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoist Portfolio sent me the same letter this week on 07/01/2016, their letter is dated the 22nd of December. I'm confused as to what I should say to these companies. I have not responded to any of the letters they sent in December. It seems RW is not writing to me anymore but hoist portfolio is. Is there anyone who can advise here so I can respond appropriately?

Thanks

Del

Comment

Hi again,

Since my last post back in October, I received a letter from RW on 14/12/2015 written as below.

Please note that we have not yet received a response from the original creditor.

This note is to let you know that we continuing to seek an update and we will let you know the response as soon as we can. Action on your account has been temporarily stopped whilst we await a resolution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the 22nd December, I got this letter from Hoist Portfolio holdings ltd saying.

Please note due to unforeseen circumstances we have been unable to locate your recent correspondence with with reference to your CCA request.
                          We use external scanning company and somewhere along the line your correspondence has been destroyed.
                          Please can you forward another copy of your request onto us & we will action it as a matter of urgency.

We apologise for any inconvinience

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoist Portfolio sent me the same letter this week on 07/01/2016, their letter is dated the 22nd of December. I'm confused as to what I should say to these companies. I have not responded to any of the letters they sent in December. It seems RW is not writing to me anymore but hoist portfolio is. Is there anyone who can advise here so I can respond appropriately?

Thanks

Del
                          Hello Del, happy new year.

This is Hoist playing silly buggers it seems, no documents so this is going nowhere!
                          It's not worth them issuing a claim, at this point as you are aware they can't enforce
                          it.

The ploy is that although the debt is currently unenforceable in court it still exists and
                          remains collectable and can be reported to credit reference agencies.

Apart from " suggesting" Hoist takes a " commercial " view and writes off the debt (possible) the
                          remaining choice is to sit back and see what comes next.

nem

Comment

Thanks nem, happy new year to you too. Thanks for the response.
                            I believe the account will become statute bared in a few weeks time, that is in February. I will wait and see if they will come up with something different.
                            My other question is, ''when the account become statute bared, does this mean that the reference agencies update this automatically or someone has to contact them and ask them to update it? If this gets reported to the reference agency now, how long are they likely to keep this info on their files as outstanding?

Thanks
                            Del

Comment

[QUOTE=Del001;609489]Thanks nem, happy new year to you too. Thanks for the response.
                              I believe the account will become statute bared in a few weeks time, that is in February. I will wait and see if they will come up with something different.
                              My other question is, ''when the account become statute bared, does this mean that the reference agencies update this automatically or someone has to contact them and ask them to update it? If this gets reported to the reference agency now, how long are they likely to keep this info on their files as outstanding?

Hello Del,

A debt being statute barred does not always mean it will be removed from credit files immediately.
                              If there is still time to expire on the default it remains until the 6th anniversary of the default date
                              when it is removed from credit files paid or not usually within a few days of that date, you don't
                              need to take any action.
                              nem

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for making that point clear Nem. RW said this week that they were unable to obtain the copy of agreement from the creditor. They are asking me to do this in writing and pay a pound which already did when they first contacted me.
                                They are now going to delay the account for 30 days to allow me enough time to submit a written request. If I don't get back to them within this period, they will assume I no longer require the information of which the account will actively resume.
                                I'm lost here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
                                Del

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X