• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Amigo loan refunds.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amigo loan refunds.

So after hearing about people getting interest and payments refunded I thought that I would give it a try.*
    Appears that because I handled my loan right/borrowed money off a family member to clear it. That I am not entitled to a refund like many others I have seen. To me I don’t think this is fair and just. Why is it that because I handled my loan the way I and everyone else should am I not entitled to something yet people who defaulted more frequent are. Is there any other route for this? below is the final response letter.* We're sorry you've complained

On the 22 October 2019, you contacted us to advise that you were unhappy with our decision to lend to you. A complaint was subsequently raised on your behalf. Our decision

I’m sorry that you felt the need to complain to us. Having considered the information available to me, I’ve been unable to uphold your complaint. This is our final response. Our reasons

You had two loans with Amigo. Your first loan of £3,000 was paid out in March 2015. This loan was then topped up to £3,750 in December 2015.

As part of my investigation, I’ve reviewed the payout process that you completed before the loans were paid out. This included our check on your credit file, your budget plan and other checks we completed.

Your income and expenditure assessment confirmed that the repayments were comfortably affordable to you. The checks that we completed on this information also supported this.

We compared your expenditure figures to national averages. If you budgeted less than expected, we asked you to confirm why, to ensure this was accurate and sustainable. For example, you told us you lived with your mother, and that your rent of £200 a month covered your share of the utility bills.

On your first loan we checked your income against the UK national average for your job role, to ensure the figure you provided was realistic. You also sent us payslips which showed you had in fact been earning more than the income we recorded.

At the time of your top-up loan we verified your income using a check called OI, provided by the credit referencing agency TransUnion UK. OI used a number of data points to assess whether the total expenditure provided, the monthly instalment, and an emergency buffer were affordable for you, based on your income.

Your credit file was also reviewed to ensure that all of your expenditure was accounted for within your budget. This confirmed that you were budgeting towards your existing creditors appropriately.

While you had a number of items in a state of Default, these had been in Default for a significant period of time already. While this may suggest you had experienced financial difficulty in the past, it doesn’t necessarily suggest you were struggling financially at the time of your application. Equally, as our loans are designed for people who may not have a strong credit history, this alone would not necessarily prevent us from lending to you.

You’ve said that we ignored late payments on your first loan when you topped up. However, your first loan was managed perfectly and it was for this reason that you were eligible to apply for a top-up loan.

Based on the information you provided and what we could see on your credit file, I’m satisfied that reasonable and proportionate checks were completed to confirm your affordability. Conclusion

As I explained at the beginning of my letter, your complaint has not been upheld. I hope you agree that this outcome is fair, given what I have explained above. If you have any questions, please let me know. The Financial Ombudsman Service

You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge – but you must do so within six months of the date of this letter.

If you don’t refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was because of exceptional circumstances.

For further information you can visit their website at*https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
    Tags: None

If there are defaults redflags would question why they would top up loan and thus possibly be due review and why granted further lending effectively you are asking they paid loan on time perfectly but now object to interest and total amount paid when agreed on taking loan paidthroughout loan term and took apprant top up.The refunds etc are for those unfairly lent to .. if you feel you have case request Sars question credit check ascertained your cost for loan. You or* in behalf has done this but your complaint declined.Sorry I do not think it will hold after horse has bolted you object with no indication loan was amiss or evidence of unfair charges interest.The unfair redress is to help exploited not carte blanche to those regretting loan acceptance under coherent payments made to claim back regret.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X