• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial chasing settled debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Financial chasing settled debt

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the forum and hoping for some advise please.

I became debt free in December after arranging full and final settlements with my creditors via my DMP provider, but it seems that one of the debts has been sold to Cabot Financial who are now chasing me for the outstanding balance even though a full and final settlement was agreed and I have a letter from the previous creditor as confirmation.

The original creditor issued a CCJ against me which I then paid to DWF via my DMP. In December 2020 full and final settlements were negotiated. I have a letter from DWF confirming receipt of the payment in full and final settlement, and my account has been closed. In the last couple of weeks I received a letter from the original creditor to notify me that my finance agreement had been sold to Cabot Financial on 19/02/2021, which is after the full and final settlement date. I have since had letters from Cabot requesting that I make an arrangement to pay as:

We are still receiving payments to this account from Santander. As they are no longer responsible for managing your account we need to make sure your payments are directed to Cabot going forwards.

I’m certainly not going to give in to pressure as I don’t feel I owe Cabot anything.

I’ve been I contact with Santander but don’t seem to be getting anywhere.

Should I refer it to Cabot complaints or just go to the FOS, otherwise I feel this is going to drag on.

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

It definitely sounds like you've done the right thing and kept all of your records.

From here I would recommend getting in contact with Cabot directly and explain the situation and enclose copies of all your documents and then if that fails then go to the FOS - just make sure in both cases you enclose your full and final settlement and I think you should be fine.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X