• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dealing with Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with Lowell

I had an outstanding debt for an old credit card which had been bounced about between the usual debt collection agencies. It eventually fell off my credit report (over 5 years as I reside in Scotland) but I recently got a letter from Lowell to say they had purchased the debt and would be pursuing it. I did the usual and emailed them to clarify and provide proof that the debt was indeed mine. So far, no response.*

However , on checking my credit file this morning, the debt has appeared back on my file, with a default date of 2017 (which is clearly untrue). I had just managed to get my credit file back to a normal range and now it’s plummeted back down thanks to these clowns. Can they do this? Surely this isn’t allowed?

any advice would be welcome!
    Tags: None

Originally posted by scotinusa View Post
    I had an outstanding debt for an old credit card which had been bounced about between the usual debt collection agencies. It eventually fell off my credit report (over 5 years as I reside in Scotland) but I recently got a letter from Lowell to say they had purchased the debt and would be pursuing it. I did the usual and emailed them to clarify and provide proof that the debt was indeed mine. So far, no response.

However , on checking my credit file this morning, the debt has appeared back on my file, with a default date of 2017 (which is clearly untrue). I had just managed to get my credit file back to a normal range and now it’s plummeted back down thanks to these clowns. Can they do this? Surely this isn’t allowed?

any advice would be welcome!
    Lowell Solicitors is just a call centre with several actual solicitors and the rest are just administrators. It's likely they could not verify you are the person named in the account and couldn't reply to you. It depends how much information you are willing to disclose so they will talk to you, or you can just ignore the automated letters sent you to by administrators every couple of months, assuming they remember to do that. I personally would not contact them, don't a acknowledge them and they will eventually think your address is wrong.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X