• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help me - Cabot financial keep calling my work but I have no debt???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me - Cabot financial keep calling my work but I have no debt???

Hi there,

I have just joined so I apologise if I’m posting in the wrong place.

I’ve recently been away from work for a few weeks and have come back to many voicemails from this company. An electronic voice stating it is Cabot financial. As of yet I haven’t been at my desk when they have called.

I have since googled this & I have no debt that I am aware of at all.

Ive checked my credit score & it is fine, nothing out standings

I have a credit card with one bank which is all up to date, and then a current account (with overdraft) and credit card with another company that I’ve had for approx 6 months. Again all up to date I do have minimal debts on there but am paying off more than the minimum payment so can’t be from that.

I don’t want to answer them or get into conversation with them at all following on from what I’ve read but I’m heavily concerned about why they would be calling me. With my work number, it’s not something that’s in the public domain, nor have I ever given it out to anyone or used it at all online so I don’t understand why they would be contacting it.

I am too too scared to answer the phone if they call as I’m aware they will then be able to confirm I am me if I am somehow the person they are looking for & it’s possible that I could face disciplinary action as my work place will think I’ve given my number out for personal use.

I still live at home with my parents after uni so haven’t ever had a loan or anything like that. All I can think is that maybe somehow the bills for electricity or water etc at uni went wrong but I know we paid everything Off when we left, and triple checked it. and as all those companies have my email address I’m sure they’d have contacted me?

What do I do in this situation?

Please help me!!!

Thanks so so much inadvance.
    Tags: None

Are they asking for you by name? They could have got the wrong number and if your company have direct inward dialling then that's why the call is getting there. Or they are looking for someone with the same name and have a list of possible contacts,

Since it's an unpublished number then I suspect they have a wrong number. They only way to stop it is to answer their call or call back and if possible record the call. Just ask them why are you calling number xxxxxxxx, without giving a name.

Comment

Originally posted by Plshelp22 View Post
      Hi there,

I have just joined so I apologise if I’m posting in the wrong place.

I’ve recently been away from work for a few weeks and have come back to many voicemails from this company. An electronic voice stating it is Cabot financial. As of yet I haven’t been at my desk when they have called.

I have since googled this & I have no debt that I am aware of at all.

Ive checked my credit score & it is fine, nothing out standings

I have a credit card with one bank which is all up to date, and then a current account (with overdraft) and credit card with another company that I’ve had for approx 6 months. Again all up to date I do have minimal debts on there but am paying off more than the minimum payment so can’t be from that.

I don’t want to answer them or get into conversation with them at all following on from what I’ve read but I’m heavily concerned about why they would be calling me. With my work number, it’s not something that’s in the public domain, nor have I ever given it out to anyone or used it at all online so I don’t understand why they would be contacting it.

I am too too scared to answer the phone if they call as I’m aware they will then be able to confirm I am me if I am somehow the person they are looking for & it’s possible that I could face disciplinary action as my work place will think I’ve given my number out for personal use.

I still live at home with my parents after uni so haven’t ever had a loan or anything like that. All I can think is that maybe somehow the bills for electricity or water etc at uni went wrong but I know we paid everything Off when we left, and triple checked it. and as all those companies have my email address I’m sure they’d have contacted me?

What do I do in this situation?

Please help me!!!

Thanks so so much inadvance.
      Hi there

I think you need to get on the front foot here, you need to speak to Cabot in the first instance to find out what they are calling about, you need to know whether is this a case of "wrong person" or something more serious.

You need to make it clear to Cabsnot that they must cease calling you at work, you are entitled to ask for everything in writing and they are obliged to honour this per Roberts v Bank of Scotland

YOu will not be able to deal with this without getting details of what it is they are pursuing.

I know the general view is not to call them but given the issues here i think a call to them may be the best option here.

I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X