• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Portfolio 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Portfolio 1

I need some advice please!
    I am looking at moving house so started an Experian account. There is a default account on there from Lowell Portfolio 1. They claim I owe £87. I am pretty sure this was to do with an old Vodafone account. However, I distinctly remember paying the £87 over the phone. How can I prove that I paid this and get it removed from my Experian credit score? I was considering just paying the £87 again just to get it wiped! Having googled this debt collecting company I have read some concerning things so would rather not contact them again if I don’t have to.
    Any advice given would be gratefully received!
    Thank you,
    Hayley
    Tags: None

deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Hayley27 View Post
      I distinctly remember paying the £87 over the phone. How can I prove that I paid this
      Go through your card statements. It's an odd amount so you may be able to do a search.

Comment

I found it!! I paid them on 11th December 2016.
        Thank you so much!!

What do I do now?!

Comment

I know you are with Experian, but I can't find the equivalent page on their website, but the following gives you a pretty good idea of what to do NEXT. If that does not resolve the problem, I'm pretty sure somebody here can help you.

How can I dispute information on my Equifax Credit Report?

Published 04/10/2017 11.18 AM | Updated 04/05/2018 02.39 PM

If you think that there is incorrect information on your Equifax Credit Report, you can raise a dispute on it by contacting us online through our "Ask a Question" page or by calling us on 0800 014 2955* or 0333 321 4043**. We are open from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week (closed 3pm 24th to 8am 27th Dec).
          You also have the option to write to us. The address is:
          Customer Care Team
          Equifax
          PO Box 10036
          Leicester
          LE3 4FS
          As we don't own the data, we'll manage the dispute with the data supplier on your behalf. Once the dispute has been raised, the company has 28 days to respond to it. While this is happening, we'll add a note to your Equifax Credit Report so that any organisations looking at it are aware that the information is under dispute.

If the data supplier has agreed to amend the information, they will usually do it the next time they send information to us. This may be monthly.

If they decide not to amend the information we'll have to close the dispute. This is because we can't change the data ourselves without their permission.

Comment

Brilliant! Experian must have an equivalent of this on their page. I’ll go and find it now...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X